Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit Won't Run - even 2.81

spenserj87

I'm having the same issue as well. Just got an HX Stomp, but when I launch HX Edit, it mirrors my desktop, and then closes when I try to do something (connect the stomp, or select something from the menu such as preferences). It's definitely not an issue with the Stomp connection. It's something with HX Edit, and my PC/Windows setup. It makes no sense. I've gone back and forth with Line 6 support, and they can't figure it out. My son has a windows 10 PC as well, and it works fine on his. I haven't been able to discern any differences in his configuration, other than he has a different graphics card than I do. It seems like the issue is graphics related as the program won't display anything, even a black screen. I can't figure it out, and it's really frustrating. 

Latest Win 10 updates, fresh install, no other apps on my desktop. HX Edit - nope. My laptop, latest Win 10 OS, no problem.  Ugh. Nothing special on desktop, i5 Intel, AMD graphics. But Intel graphics also balk. Ugh. 

Seems like a legacy issue with line 6.  Even on my laptop, the resolution of HX Edit looks atrocious, very dated app. Looks years old. Line 6 needs to re-write the app, that's what I think. I'm a 20 year Line 6 fan and the 2.8 update is the first one that wrecked me. And six months later, no joy. Still a problem. That's what's frustrating. Doesn't seem like they care. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Probably not everybody's solution but try uninstalling Logitech's G-Hub.

My helix was crashing every time I connected it to my computer via USB until some wizard on reddit mentioned G-Hub might be the issue.
I went through the posts here and this doesn't sound like it will work for everyone, but it's worth a try for those with Logitech gear.

Sucks when the Helix is having issues though. Such a kick lollipop tool but there are still obvious growing pains to going digital :/

I have the same problem. I can't open HX Edit, not even with a black screen, but it works perfectly in the laptop. It worked flawless with previous firmware versions. I did was Line 6 support suggested (clean all previous versions, did all the updates) with no results. I'm using Window 10.

Please Line 6, solve the problem!