Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.81 Did we lose the 8 stomp Footswitches view???

yelldog

I'm not seeing the option to have the helix floor or the helix lt use the 8 stomp format. I don't see anything in the notes about that. If it is in fact gone, this would have been extremely helpful to know, I do a lot of pedal hopping and I need the 8 view. I honestly wouldn't have upgrade if that was the case.

So am I just missing it or something? Did we really lose this view?

5 minutes ago, yelldog said:

Thank you Phil... but just for anyone else who gets confused it doesn't show up in the menu right now. You can only set it with the Mode Footswitches in 2.81.

What menu are you talking about?

7 hours ago, yelldog said:

Thank you Phil... but just for anyone else who gets confused it doesn't show up in the menu right now. You can only set it with the Mode Footswitches in 2.81.

Posted this a few days ago but as of 2.80 Line6 does not use the dots any more to indicate multiple pages for parameters. Instead there is a bar now with a highlighted portion that shows if the selection has multiple parameter pages. If the entire bar is lit there are no additional parameter pages, if it is partially highlighted it does. Doesn't make much difference either way but I actually thought the old method of using the dots was a more obvious and superior visual indicator. The dots for example indicated at a glance how many pages additional pages there were. Maybe I prefer it just because  I got used to looking for it over the years but it seems like it was easier to notice and see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HonestOpinion said:

Posted this a few days ago but as of 2.80 Line6 does not use the dots any more to indicate multiple pages for parameters. Instead there is a bar now with a highlighted portion that shows if the selection has multiple parameter pages. If the entire bar is lit there are no additional parameter pages, if it is partially highlighted it does. Doesn't make much difference either way but I actually thought the old method of using the dots was a more obvious visual indicator. That might be just because I got used to looking for it over the years.

I agree with this thinking regarding the new bar vs. previous dot method of indicating further pages within a menu etc.

I have become so accustomed to the dots that I'm having some difficulty acclimating to the red bar indicator. It seems a lot less obvious and intuitive to me if I'm being honest.

8 hours ago, Guitarzman said:

I actually really like the new red bar method seems to be easier to view and visually more pleasing, especially on the startup!  That totally makes my day : )  

The start-up progress red bar - absolutely. Glad it's there.

.... in the menus though, I preferred seeing the dots for some reason.

• Upvote 2