Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fullerton NRM and Heir Apparent locks up the onboard editor

manchoo

I am running 2.80 on the Helix LT; Installed all the new presets and effects; Reinstalled my preset lists, and they all work just fine.  

The issue that I found is if I build a new preset with the Amp+Cab of Fullerton NRM followed by the Heir Apparent distortion, I can add nothing further to the signal chain.  I can play the preset and modify the parameters of the two blocks, but can not add any other blocks.  I haven't been through all the new Amps, Cabs, and Effects yet, so I don't know if other combinations will exhibit the same behavior.

4 minutes ago, manchoo said:

I am running 2.80 on the Helix LT; Installed all the new presets and effects; Reinstalled my preset lists, and they all work just fine.  

The issue that I found is if I build a new preset with the Amp+Cab of Fullerton NRM followed by the Heir Apparent distortion, I can add nothing further to the signal chain.  I can play the preset and modify the parameters of the two blocks, but can not add any other blocks.  I haven't been through all the new Amps, Cabs, and Effects yet, so I don't know if other combinations will exhibit the same behavior.

Hi,

As I’m sure you’re aware there is a firmware update to v2.81 available for download, therefore my advice would be to install that first in the hope that it clears out any glitches.

My Helix is not available for me to check what you are describing in your patch, but from what you say it appears that you are running low on DSP.  The only thing that springs to mind as to what might cause this is maybe you are using the stereo version of your blocks.

I suggest that you create another preset with a mono Heir Apparent into the Fullerton NRM and Cab  and if that is using all the DSP on the top path , send the signal to the 2nd path where you should be able to add mod, delay and reverb.

Hope this helps / makes sense.

2 hours ago, manchoo said:

Nothing as dramatic as what you are describing but I also noticed that when I created a patch in 2.80 with the new Grammatico amp/cab and added the KOT that it seemed to be fairly DSP greedy and I could not add as many blocks as usual on that route. Have not tried it again yet in 2.81 but perhaps some of the new blocks could find some greater efficiencies and optimizations in DSP usage in the future. Some blocks do just use a ton of DSP and perhaps always will.

For information's sake; seeing this thread, as I often do with reported oddities, I tried this signal path out to see what I could do.

Helix Rack/Control running firmware 2.81

Top path, I created a signal chain of

Wah (Vetta), Heir Apparent, noise gate, Fullerton Nrm, auto filter, Vintage DDL, Plateaux reverb

... only once I got the HX reverb in there did I start showing options started to be greyed out/unavailable.

I added the auto filter last, just to press something else from another category in there.

I suspect something else was afoot with the OP - that, or the 2.81 update addressed something critical to the oddity which the OP encountered.