7 hours ago, magforce68 said:

Any news on delivery of Variax JTV-69? I ordered one at Andertons a month back but no joy yet :-(

BR

Magnus

The only reply you'll get is that there was a "bottleneck in shipping".... feel free to interpret that any way you like, as it could mean just about anything from "the trucking company is on strike" to "the machine that prints the shipping labels ran out of ink, Bob is the only guy who knows how to fix it, and he's in Vegas for 2 weeks". In terms of translating that into "when will I get my guitar?"...good luck. Solutions to ill-defined supply problems take indeterminate periods of time to filter their way down to the end user.... and since we have no idea what the problem actually was, trying to estimate a time frame for a resolution is rather pointless.

Add to that the slow down the US/China Tariff tiff.

The normal flow is returning. Don't know how up to speed it is yet in each region.

I just heard from my rep at Sweetwater that there will be another month's delay sometime in Dec. 2019. Musician's Friend lists a Dec. availability too. I guess it will make a swell Christmas self-gift. I've paid for mine, so I have no choice but to wait - I hope it's worth it! Now what am I gonna get my wife? Hi Ho!

• Like 1

Andertons now indicates 31 January 2020 :(

image.png.8be8ef429cbd8368e88b46030a7ad718.png

Don't know if this means all previous orders will be delivered then too or only the new ones, but this sucks! Not even a nice Christmas present then :-((

On 11/4/2019 at 10:38 AM, psarkissian said:

Well I just heard from my Sweetwater rep that my Line 6 Variax won't be available until late January - that's 7 months after I purchased it. I think the folks at Line 6 could tell us what the problem is; is it a production snafu, lack of materials, switching guitar makers, tariffs, sunken ship, or have they lost interest in manufacturing these guitars, or turned over that role to Yamaha? Seems like we deserve some answers.

On 11/4/2019 at 6:58 PM, psarkissian said:

Add to that the slow down the US/China Tariff tiff.

The normal flow is returning. Don't know how up to speed it is yet in each region.

I thought these JTVs where manufactured in Korea? Can't remember where I read that, though...

My rep at Andertons now tells me they estimate April 2020, but nothing is confirmed yet.  I don't understand, when the normal flow is returning, this still takes over 5 months. 

Assembled in Korea, some components are made in China.

The flow to the UK and EU,... not certain what the hold up is there.