Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ac Adapter For Pod Hd?

LAEDGE

Hi

I think I may have a faulty ac adapter for my Pod HD Bean. Anybody know where I can get a replacement, or if there is an alternative?

I live in Australia by the way, so I need something suited for my region (PAL)

Thanks! :)

Hi

I think I may have a faulty ac adapter for my Pod HD Bean. Anybody know where I can get a replacement, or if there is an alternative?

I live in Australia by the way, so I need something suited for my region (PAL)

Thanks! :)

Oh sorry, just noticed you can get them from this site!

However I need to troubleshoot it first before spending the money to be sure....Any tips to determine the problem? Its just causing more noise then usual in my signal and I have ruled out leads, guitars, etc...

The HD power is 9VDC output. Make certain that you are not using the AC output adapter that was used on the previous generation of PODs(XT, X3 etc...)...Basically, as long as you have a 9VDC supply that is around 3A you will be fine...just be certain you get the polarity right...

The HD power is 9VDC output. Make certain that you are not using the AC output adapter that was used on the previous generation of PODs(XT, X3 etc...)...Basically, as long as you have a 9VDC supply that is around 3A you will be fine...just be certain you get the polarity right...

Thanks man. Like I said, just need something to troubleshoot with. If it helps the noise I am getting  then I will know to order a official Line 6 one.

this is the noise I am getting...

https://soundcloud.com/sdsm/my-song-2

• 3 years later...

A friend of mine has lost his adapter and is using a 12v, 4 A and claims it works perfectly. I have decided to buy his device but am afraid if that adapter could harm the device. could you help?

I can't guarantee anything but I, personally, would not hesitate to use a 12V supply. Most electronics I know of that would be happy with 9V would also be happy with 12V. However, if the unit really draws 3A (since that's what the original supply delivers) and you're feeding it with 3V more, then you're asking the unit to dissipate 3x3 = 9W more power. That'll heat something up! I'd feel the case near where the supply plugs in to see how warm it gets. If it feels "very warm" then there'd be a reason to be concerned. Heat is the enemy of electronics. I WOULD hesitate in that case.

But why not buy a new power supply? Then there's no worries.

I can't guarantee anything but I, personally, would not hesitate to use a 12V supply. Most electronics I know of that would be happy with 9V would also be happy with 12V. However, if the unit really draws 3A (since that's what the original supply delivers) and you're feeding it with 3V more, then you're asking the unit to dissipate 3x3 = 9W more power. That'll heat something up! I'd feel the case near where the supply plugs in to see how warm it gets. If it feels "very warm" then there'd be a reason to be concerned. Heat is the enemy of electronics. I WOULD hesitate in that case.

But why not buy a new power supply? Then there's no worries.

Thanks for your kind reply. The thing is I can't find the original adapter where I live and I should either ask an electerician to build one for me, or ask some friend(s) to bring me one when they travel abroad. I myslef don't feel fine using the device with another adapter.

YES, that is exactly what I want to do. I don't want to spend the extra $20.

And then, after it blows up, I will blame L6 for making a horrible product.

I can't find the adapter where I live. Thanks for your kind comment.