Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

STAGE SCAPE M20d

• 2 weeks later...

For over a year I tested different Apple hardware (I have a couple of different AirPorts and apple USB-network adapters). Notting worked, not even the equipment line6 advised. Last Month someone on this forum suggested a cheap Samsung wifistick sold on AliExpress: Search for WIS12ABGNX on AliExpress . For 12-15$ you have a WiFi-stick that works with the stagescape. It takes a minute to find and connect to your WiFi-network, but it does work and the connection is solid.

• 1 month later...

Hi There! I acquired 3 M20D,  4 subs, 4 L3t and 4 L2T recently.

To achieve success connecting ipad to M20D wireless,  I do do want to do double check about the supported/tested exact version of the APPLE USB TO ETHERNET ADAPTER and APPLE AIRPORT EXPRESS. I investigate over the product number and de UPC item and there are this options:

1) APPLE USB TO ETHERNET ADAPTER

1. Model MC704ZM/A with UPC 885909439560...  (this is the one Line6 empathize to buy)
  2. Model MC704BE/A
  3. Model MC704LL/A

May the two other models really may not work, may you tell the technical reason not work?

2) APPLE AIRPORT EXPRESS.

1. model M9470LL/A family # A1084 / A1088 802.11b/g or AirPort Express 802.11g (1st Generation)
  2. model MB321LL/A family # A1264 802.11a/b/g/Draft N or AirPort Express 802.11n (1st Generation)
  3. model MC414LL/A or MC414AM/A family # A1392 (802.11a/b/g/n simultaneous dual-band) or AirPort Express 802.11n (2nd Generation).

Which one is the best for functionality / performance AND to be 100% sure they are compatible?

DO YO KNOW: May a Apple Airport EXTREME work or may not work at all? Have you tested any?.

Thank you very Much for your kind feedback!

Airport Express - buy the 2nd generation. The 1st did not work for me and 2 seconds after buying the new one (this is years ago) the setup took 5 seconds. I think any Apple USB to Ethernet adaptor bought in the last three years will work just fine.

Safest, easiest path is buy the latest of both.