Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.81 Stomp, cant see them anymore.

Fidel1604

Hi Everyone.

It seems that in the 2.81 update, the Stomps, cant be activated, even though you select them in Global settins, Foot switches on the preset mode switches to be Stomp/Snap.

Let me know if its only my sistem or if its a bug in the new update.

Thank you!

If I understand what you're saying - with Stomp mode set to 8 switches, and Preset mode set to Stomp/Snap, the Stomp switches don't appear? Or they appear but can't be activated (don't work)?

Set up like that (Preset Mode=Stomp/Snap), you're going to see Stomp switches 2-5 (top row of Stomp Mode). If, in Stomp Mode, you don't have switches 2-5 assigned, then you won't see any Stomp switches in Preset Mode.

Likewise, if you've got Preset Mode set to Snap/Stomp, you'll see Stomp switches 8-11. If those switches aren't assigned in Stomp Mode, you won't see any Stomps in Preset Mode.

As far as the switches working, if they're assigned and visible in whatever configuration you're using, they should work.

Thank you for your feed back.

the stomps bottoms don’t apear even dough I’ve selected that option in global settings.

I’ve gone back to 2.80 version and it works. In 2.81 version they don’t work.

Let me know if this is a situation that happens to everyone?

Nope, just you. I tested what I said in my reply before I sent it. Try re-installing 2.81 and make sure you follow the directions exactly.

If it's still a problem, call Support (or open a ticket).

yeah,i have this problem too.I cant see my stomps and I can no longer control individual effects on each presets.Tried to switch back to 2.8 and work and tried to reupdate to 2.81.Works at first but after a while..stomps are no longer working again.

12 hours ago, chris3076 said:

yeah,i have this problem too.I cant see my stomps and I can no longer control individual effects on each presets.Tried to switch back to 2.8 and work and tried to reupdate to 2.81.Works at first but after a while..stomps are no longer working again.

Could you upload a picture of what you are seeing in place of the stomps?

I have come across an issue closely related to this. 

How to reproduce:

1. Go to an empty preset.

2. Change global setting to Snap/Stomp or some combination like that. 

3. Go to another empty preset.

4. The Footswitches are now in Preset footstomp mode.

if you go back into global settings, you need to toggle the setting to get back to whatever mode you actually want to use. 

I put in a bug report about it but the Line 6 dudes said they couldn’t reproduce, so I sent them a video. 

I know it’s definitely not an installation error as I’ve reinstalled twice and followed the instructions exactly include global resets and everything. 

1 hour ago, jshimkoski said:

I have come across an issue closely related to this. 

How to reproduce:

1. Go to an empty preset.

2. Change global setting to Snap/Stomp or some combination like that. 

3. Go to another empty preset.

4. The Footswitches are now in Preset footstomp mode.

if you go back into global settings, you need to toggle the setting to get back to whatever mode you actually want to use. 

I put in a bug report about it but the Line 6 dudes said they couldn’t reproduce, so I sent them a video. 

I know it’s definitely not an installation error as I’ve reinstalled twice and followed the instructions exactly include global resets and everything. 

I never noticed this, as I always set it 8 stomp, 8 snap, and use the Bank up/down buttons to get to preset mode.

In addition to your observations, if you reset to snap/stomp or stomp/snap, then go to a saved preset, all is well until you go to a New Preset. BUT - if you SAVE a New Preset, even without making any changes, that New Preset will no longer trigger the switch back to preset mode when loaded!

I wonder if, when the presets rebuild, each one saves, but  the New Presets don't rebuild and save?

Also, would this problem occur with a clean install, or is it a problem with the rebuild process?

I'm very interested in where this goes with support. Do keep us updated!

4 hours ago, rd2rk said:

I never noticed this, as I always set it 8 stomp, 8 snap, and use the Bank up/down buttons to get to preset mode.

In addition to your observations, if you reset to snap/stomp or stomp/snap, then go to a saved preset, all is well until you go to a New Preset. BUT - if you SAVE a New Preset, even without making any changes, that New Preset will no longer trigger the switch back to preset mode when loaded!

I wonder if, when the presets rebuild, each one saves, but  the New Presets don't rebuild and save?

Also, would this problem occur with a clean install, or is it a problem with the rebuild process?

I'm very interested in where this goes with support. Do keep us updated!

Update: Line 6 was able to reproduce after watching my video and forwarded the issue on to the development team. 

Just a guess but based on the severity of this issue, I imagine it’ll be in the next batch of bug fixes.