Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

After a year of not being able to get this piece of garbage to work on my MacBook, I have finally achieved basic success

Honestly I don't have another year, to invest in this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. I'm using Audacity to record with on my MacBook

2. Programing drums in a program called Beatcraft, on a P.C, which I export onto a memory stick, in MP3 format.

3. Drop the Drums into Audacity, on the MacBook.

4. Verified Audacity had the Line 6 UX2 as its input device. Verified Audacity has the Line 6 UX2 as its output device, which I have headphones connected to.

5. Chosen my amp, and verified it was working, as well as this device allows, which isn't saying much

6. hit record an Audacity.

7. The drums begin to play and I start playing guitar.

8. I hear both, and the guitars record, overdubbing onto the Drum track.

9. When Im done, I hit play, and the guitar is not in 'time' alignment, with the drums, because its starting a micro second delay to late.

10. I experimented with a mic and vocals and the same thing happened. A micro second delay.

11. Ive even made sure project properties are the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry you have been having problems, although you don't indicate what took you a year to figure out.

The problem you are describing has nothing to do with PodFarm - its  something to do with Audacity.  I'm not familiar with it, but I know that every DAW has a 'latency compensation' tool that is built in and should automatically compensate to line up new and old tracks correctly.  You should look to see if this feature has been turned off somehow.

Thank you so much for your reply.  I really appreciate it.

I didn't go into, what my multiple issues have been over the last year, because, it would be a novel. And at this point, I fixed them.

Like when you leave an X girlfriend, I just want to move on, and get things moving along.

Your advice is very helpful. I'm going to look into Audacity and its settings. And/or try a different DAW, that works on Macs.