Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cannot Reach Servers ERROR...

line-6-user

****ALL WORKING NOW****

Hi.  Trying to update Helix Native but on login in i get the Cannot reach servers. Make sure this computer is connected to the internet.

Well... guess what? 

I AM CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET!!!

Amin, Please delete.

Thanks

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, adumais said:

I'm currently having the same problem with HX Edit. What did you do to fix the issue?

Hi,

Try again later, it’s the weekend and there might be essential maintenance being carried out on the servers.

Simple enough, wait a while and try again when there maybe less net traffic.

Just adding for the record that I am having the same issue with Line 6 Monkey and my UX2.

I just did a clean install of Windows 7 Pro to eliminate compatibility issues with this and other older hardware drivers and got the license key transferred and installed the drivers and Gearbox but still cannot get Line 6 Monkey to connect to the Line 6 server or properly recognize my device.

• 9 months later...

I'm currently unable to sign in to my account in HX Edit.  I can sign in to the Line 6 web site using the same username/password, however.

The error is "Cannot reach servers. Please make sure this computer is connected to the Internet."

The fact that I'm able to post this message is proof that I'm connected.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, thedoctormo said:

I'm currently unable to sign in to my account in HX Edit.  I can sign in to the Line 6 web site using the same username/password, however.

The error is "Cannot reach servers. Please make sure this computer is connected to the Internet."

I guess I am not the only one having this issue.

On 6/1/2020 at 1:54 AM, thedoctormo said:

On 6/1/2020 at 8:27 AM, d_sic3 said:

I guess I am not the only one having this issue.

9 hours ago, sakimokrim said:

me too

This info was posted in another thread on here - may be worth checking out:

Try to login to your Line6 account from another browser. Better from the pre installed browser.

I had the same issue, then I tried to login from Safari,  I had a message that the connection wasn't secure

and I had to choose that I wanted to proceed. The HX edit was able to connect.

Hope that helps.

Original post from “pithagoras” in the thread:

https://line6.com/support/topic/55836-helixhx-292-hx-edit-292-and-helix-native-192/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-335211

2 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Hello,

Did you try what I suggested in my earlier post above?

It appeared to have fixed it for “d_sic3” as per comment above.

Hi! Thanks for responding! 
yeah I was currently logged into chrome so I started up safari and went to line 6 and logged in there and it still comes up with the server error.

its starting to get quite tiring as my new helix LT is currently on 2.30.0

14 hours ago, Scotty_B123 said:

Hi! Thanks for responding! 
yeah I was currently logged into chrome so I started up safari and went to line 6 and logged in there and it still comes up with the server error.

its starting to get quite tiring as my new helix LT is currently on 2.30.0

If this is causing you so much trouble, then the easiest thing to do is not try to run the update over the internet and do a local install, by downloading the stuff you need and using the Line 6 Updater Utility. First you will need the HX Edit v2.92 software, then the Helix LT v 2.92 Flash Memory Bundle.

O.K. go to the "DOWNLOADS" menu at the top of this page and from  "-ALL HARDWARE-" select Helix LT, then leave the "-ALL SOFTWARE-" as is, now select Mac OS X from under the "-ALL OS-" tab. from the next page you can select Helix/HX Firmware 2.92 Flash Memory, then below that you will need the HX Edit 2.92. Now scroll further down the page a grab Line 6 Updater version 1.9. Download all these bits to your Mac( they need to be installed in the Line 6 folder inside your Applications Folder). If as you say this a new Helix LT , unless you have made some presets that you wish to keep then they need to be backed up using HX Edit prior to updating the Firmware. If everything if fine then proceed to next step. Ensure that you have your LT connected to the Mac by USB cable and launch the Updater Utility and select "Offline Mode". Your LT and current firmware version should show in the window, click on the dark green coloured band and you should now have the option to select a  local file - point it at the Flash Memory file you down loaded  and let it get on with the update.

Hope this helps/makes sense

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Scotty_B123 said:

FINALLY!! thank you!! I just needed someone to explain this to me like an idiot lol I’m new to all of this.

appreciate your help

No problem, happy to know you are up and running - have fun with all the new toys in the black box!

For anyone else having trouble logging into Line 6 (typically with an older device) the issue is due to an intermediate SSL certificate that expired on May 30th. The solution is to download and install new intermediate certificate(s) to your device. They can be found here: https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/71

The installation process will differ depending on your device. Best use Google to look up how to do that.

I just did it on Samsung Android 4.1 tablet, and the 'not connected to the internet' message went away and I am now able to log in again (in my case into the Amplifi Remote app).

56 minutes ago, gsaundry said:

For anyone else having trouble logging into Line 6 (typically with an older device) the issue is due to an intermediate SSL certificate that expired on May 30th. The solution is to download and install new intermediate certificate(s) to your device. They can be found here: https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/71

The installation process will differ depending on your device. Best use Google to look up how to do that.

I just did it on Samsung Android 4.1 tablet, and the 'not connected to the internet' message went away and I am now able to log in again (in my case into the Amplifi Remote app).

Well, that maybe helpful to some, but what messes up that possible solution for some others is the simple fact that the first post in this thread is dated August 2019.

• 4 weeks later...

hi, have the same problem mac os x

, im trying to up date HX stomp that i just got and the HX Effects that i bought last year,  and I cant log in to HX Edith Cannot reach the servers. Please make sure this computer is connected to the internet. 

anyone know how to fix it?

thanks in advance 

8 hours ago, roz28 said:

hi, have the same problem mac os x

, im trying to up date HX stomp that i just got and the HX Effects that i bought last year,  and I cant log in to HX Edith Cannot reach the servers. Please make sure this computer is connected to the internet. 

anyone know how to fix it?

thanks in advance 

Hi,

When asking for assistance from users of the forum, it is helpful to supply as much info as possible. Example: computer type and operating system, Ethernet or wi-fi and anything else vaguely useful to help track down a possible solution. You state you are using a Mac but not the version of OSX - Please note, if you are using Yosemite there are known issues with an expired Security Certificate.
See this:

Anyhow,  I suggest that you could try this, (even if you are using another version of OSX) - this has worked for some other Mac Users.

CUT, PASTE AND EDITED FROM MY RESPONSE IN ANOTHER THREAD

If this is causing you so much trouble, then the easiest thing to do is not try to run the update over the internet and do a local install, by downloading the stuff you need and using the Line 6 Updater Utility. First you will need the HX Edit v2.92 software, then the HX v 2.92 Flash Memory for each of your Effects and Stomp boxes. (Note: This used to be a single bundle that updated all the Helix range plus HX Stomp and HX Effects)

O.K. go to the "DOWNLOADS" menu at the top of this page and from  "-ALL HARDWARE-" select HX Effects, then leave the "-ALL SOFTWARE-" as is, now select Mac OS X from under the "-ALL OS-" tab. from the next page you can select HX Edit 2.92, then below that you will need the HX Effects Firmware 2.92 Flash Memory. Now scroll further down the page a grab Line 6 Updater version 1.9. Download all these bits to your Mac( they need to be installed in the Line 6 folder inside your Applications Folder). Then from under  "-ALL HARDWARE-“ select HX Stomp and as before repeat to then download the HX Stomp Firmware 2.92 Flash Memory - (you already have the other bits downloaded). If as you say these are newish HX units, you may have made some presets that you wish to keep, then they need to be backed up using HX Edit prior to updating the Firmware. If everything if fine then proceed to next step. Ensure that you have your first HX unit connected to the Mac by USB cable and launch the Updater Utility and select "Offline Mode". Your HX model and current firmware version should show in the window, click on the dark green coloured band and you should now have the option to select a  local file - point it at the Flash Memory file you down loaded For that unit and let it get on with the update.

Rinse and repeat for the second HX unit.

IMPORTANT: Please read the Release Notes on the Firmware Download Page regarding backup of your existing presets etc.

Hope this helps/makes sense

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

same story 2024 - wasted entire evening trying to connect to this gizmo-- and yes.. no internet connection.. people go and play instrument and dont wast time for corporations entangling you with buy upadate, study informatics, this is all distraction. I'm deleting this lollipope. I thought that buying the effect was going to ba agood option, but now i think it will just detract me from playing and pull me into "click here, click there" game untill all is outdated and stops working.. thanks