Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp - Can´t send program changes

gabetreiyer

Hi everyone, 

I want to send program changes with data values between 1 to 6 to my Multiwave Distortion pedal in order to choose between six presets,

and i don´t know how. Both devices have midi channel 1 already setup, but i can´t go further than that.

I´ve been searching all over the web and i found nothing about.

If anyone could help will be much apreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, gabetreiyer said:

Hi everyone, 

I want to send program changes with data values between 1 to 6 to my Multiwave Distortion pedal in order to choose between six presets,

and i don´t know how. Both devices have midi channel 1 already setup, but i can´t go further than that.

I´ve been searching all over the web and i found nothing about.

If anyone could help will be much apreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Did you make sure in the global settings that the Stomp is set to pass on Midi messages? You have to go to Global Settings > Midi/Tempo > Midi Thru > On, and Global Settings > Midi Tempo > Midi PC Tx > Both. 

Keep in mind the HX Stomp is not a midi controller. It can only pass on either its own program changes (so if you are changing from program 20 to program 21, it's going to pass on to your Multiwave Distortion pedal "PC 21," and there's no changing that) or program changes it receives from an external midi controller. You can't tell it to pass on to a second device "PC 2" unless you are selecting "PC 2" on the Stomp or you have a Midi controller sending to the Stomp "PC 2" which it then will also pass on to your Multiwave Distortion pedal. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

Did you make sure in the global settings that the Stomp is set to pass on Midi messages? You have to go to Global Settings > Midi/Tempo > Midi Thru > On, and Global Settings > Midi Tempo > Midi PC Tx > Both. 

Keep in mind the HX Stomp is not a midi controller. It can only pass on either its own program changes (so if you are changing from program 20 to program 21, it's going to pass on to your Multiwave Distortion pedal "PC 21," and there's no changing that) or program changes it receives from an external midi controller. You can't tell it to pass on to a second device "PC 2" unless you are selecting "PC 2" on the Stomp or you have a Midi controller sending to the Stomp "PC 2" which it then will also pass on to your Multiwave Distortion pedal. 

Sorry to ask, maybe i´m stupid. But, how do you make the hx stomp to send a program change with value 1 or 2 for an instance?

Btw, i´m only using the multiwave with midi.

Many thanks again for your help.

Preset 01A = PC#000

Preset 01B = PC#001

IF your device recognizes PC#s 000-127, then 01A = PC#000

IF your device recognizes PC#s 001-128 then 01B = PC#001

MOST devices that recognize PC#s 001-128 see PC#000 as PC#001

SOME devices have an offset function to force this.

You'll need to RTM for your device to find out about this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

Preset 01A = PC#000

Preset 01B = PC#001

IF your device recognizes PC#s 000-127, then 01A = PC#000

IF your device recognizes PC#s 001-128 then 01B = PC#001

MOST devices that recognize PC#s 001-128 see PC#000 as PC#001

SOME devices have an offset function to force this.

You'll need to RTM for your device to find out about this.

Thanks for your answer! That means that if i´m using presets 36A, i cannot use program change 1? So, i need to use only the first 6 presets on my HX only to send those program changes?

26 minutes ago, gabetreiyer said:

Thanks for your answer! That means that if i´m using presets 36A, i cannot use program change 1? So, i need to use only the first 6 presets on my HX only to send those program changes?

That is correct. The Stomp does not have Command Center. The ONLY MIDI it can send natively are the default PC#s of the Presets. That's 0-107. (36*3-1=107)

12 hours ago, soundog said:

The lack of the Helix Command Center is, if you are a MIDI user, the Stomp's biggest shortfall. Bigger, in my opinion, than the limited number of blocks.

I wouldn't say it's THAT big (though I understand everyone is different) but it is very close .... very ... close ....