Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No Power To Jtv-89 From Pod Hd Pro

Ivarsson

Hi!

I have a simple question that I hope someone can answer for me. I just need a sanity check before sending my Pod HD Pro back to the store.

The problem is that when I connect my jtv-89 to my Pod HD Pro using variax interface I get no power to the guitar. Using the battery with the guitar works fine and when I connect the guitar to a Pod X3 Pro (using variax interface), it also works fine. So, are there any special settings on the Pod HD that I need to set or something? I couldn't find any information regarding this in the manual but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious. And yes, I've set input to variax.

Thanks!

/ Mattias

may not be the pod etc... i'd inspect the cable sockets... could be a bent pin on either end... something simple like that...

usually happens on the variax side where a guitar plug was accidentally attempted to insert in the wrong jack.

+1 to Zap - I have seen this a few times as well.  You may want to try your JTV on a different HD500/X/Pro to see if it is getting power there, or a different JTV with your rig to ensure you are sending the correct piece of gear for repair.