Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Vince_Narduzzo

I have a Helix bought a couple of years ago and I want to update it. Is there anyone who can cut through the pages of info and tell me how to, back up my old patches (I can't see how to install an old version of HX edit to do this) then down load the new firmware and software to get the Helix up to date.

Many thanks in advance.

You can avoid reading and following the posted instructions, and someone may be willing to try 'cut through' things for you. But if you read the many threads posted here by people who didn't follow the instructions you can predict what will happen. You'll likely be back here with questions about recovering from a failed update. The latest such thread is here:

I strongly suggest you read and follow the instructions.

But here's my summary for you:

1) Create a backup.

2) Update the associated software components, including the firmware.

3) Restore the backup.

If you need more details you know what to do.

1 hour ago, Vince_Narduzzo said:

I have a Helix bought a couple of years ago and I want to update it. Is there anyone who can cut through the pages of info and tell me how to, back up my old patches (I can't see how to install an old version of HX edit to do this) then down load the new firmware and software to get the Helix up to date.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Vince,

I agree with the information given by "silverhead" in the post above, but one thing I cannot understand is why you haven't mentioned what version of the firmware is already on your Helix and why you don't have a copy of HX Edit?

Once you have made a backup of your existing presets go here and follow the instructions to the letter:

4 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Once you have made a backup of your existing presets go here and follow the instructions to the letter:

That means, no you can't skip a word, a sentence, or a paragraph. Read the whole freekin thing because there are surprises you will NOT be ready for if you do not. 

I have to assume that you've never installed HX Edit at all, otherwise I don't get why you're asking for an older version... if that's the case, just install whatever version matches the firmware on your Helix from the download section on this site, they're all there... then create a backup.

But ultimately,  you can't condense a marathon into a sprint without skipping a whole bunch of steps...a bunch of folks have tried that recently, with predictable results... at the moment you can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting another "My update failed" thread... they're popping up like weeds every five minutes. If you want the update process to actually work as intended and leave you with a functional device when the dust settles, then make a cup of coffee and read the instructions. It's not hard... but the  "Reader's Digest" version you're asking for won't help you.