Jump to content
andymguitar

Helix backpack

Recommended Posts

Just bought an LT. I have a flight case that it will first in, but am tempted by the backpack. Any pros / cons to it? I would worry a little about stuff in the pockets weighing down on it, and also if it stays upright when put down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The backpack is very sturdy and very well padded. I wouldn't put it on a plane as checked luggage or throw it in the back of an equipment trailer with a bunch of amps.

The normal stuff you'd put in the pockets shouldn't be a problem, but I wouldn't put a bunch of spare weight plates in them.

It's not designed like luggage, and doesn't stand up well on it's own.

If I had a good flight case I wouldn't have bought it, but flight cases aren't usually made to double as back packs, and usually weigh a ton.

Hope that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

The backpack is very sturdy and very well padded. I wouldn't put it on a plane as checked luggage or throw it in the back of an equipment trailer with a bunch of amps.

The normal stuff you'd put in the pockets shouldn't be a problem, but I wouldn't put a bunch of spare weight plates in them.

It's not designed like luggage, and doesn't stand up well on it's own.

If I had a good flight case I wouldn't have bought it, but flight cases aren't usually made to double as back packs, and usually weigh a ton.

Hope that helps.

Yes, the flight case was built for my XTL, but it means two trips into a venue which when parking is a problem is a pain. I like the idea of the backpack to make get ins quicker..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get the backpack. I travel quite a bit to shows and had a separate case for my Helix floor. Got the backpack and it’s great. At gigs where we have a back line or I just use the wedges and FOH, all I need is the backpack and my guitars. My wireless, slides, and other miscellaneous gear I need fit in the backpack. It’s makes it a one trip into the venue deal. You will not regret it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wallyg said:

Get the backpack. I travel quite a bit to shows and had a separate case for my Helix floor. Got the backpack and it’s great. At gigs where we have a back line or I just use the wedges and FOH, all I need is the backpack and my guitars. My wireless, slides, and other miscellaneous gear I need fit in the backpack. It’s makes it a one trip into the venue deal. You will not regret it.

 

That's what I was thinking! Been to enough gigs where you can't park nearby and I think one less trip would be nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The backpack fully loaded with the Helix and gear in the outer pockets stands vertically just fine! There are four generous rubber feet at the bottom and hand grips on the top and sides. Removing the Helix from the backpack alters the weight distribution and the pack may or may not stand vertically depending on how much gear you have in the outer pockets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MusicLaw said:

The backpack fully loaded with the Helix and gear in the outer pockets stands vertically just fine! There are four generous rubber feet at the bottom and hand grips on the top and sides. Removing the Helix from the backpack alters the weight distribution and the pack may or may not stand vertically depending on how much gear you have in the outer pockets. 

 

That's fine, I'm more concerned about when it's in. Time to buy I think..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The backpack is pretty great.  I was hesitant to get it at first b/c it is pretty dang expensive for a "soft" bag, but it is really well designed and well built.

 

There is plenty of room in the extra pockets for whatever other stuff you might need...  

 

Like a previous commenter said, it isn't luggage, it isn't a hard case, and I wouldn't check it on an airline or throw it in a trailer with a bunch of amps and heavy stuff like that, but for carrying the Helix to and from gigs/ practice/ whatever, you can't do better. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...