Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mono Vintage Delay Disappears in Firmware 2.80 and 2.81

EzeCerino

Hi, 

Does any body experience this same issue?

I've updated my Helix Floor from 2.7 to 2.80 and all my vintage delay blocks become a sort of ghost.It disappears from the signal path but they are still sounding in the back. If you try to do something that involves the delay parameters, even changing the tap tempo, it stops.

I've already update my firmware to 2.81 and restore this presets from the 2.71 backup and still the same.

This is my main delay so i don't wanna to reload every preset manually. So if anybody can help me, i'll be happy. 

Hola, 

Alguien tuvo el mismo problema?

Actualicé el firmware del 2.7 a 2.80 y mi bloque de vintage delay se transformó en una especie de fantasma. El bloque desapareció pero aun sigue sonando. Si muevo cualquier parámetro relacionado al delay, este deja de sonar. 

Actualicé al 2.81 y restauré los presets desde el 2.71 pero todavía sigue el mismo problema

Es mi delay principal y no quiero tener que volver a cargarlos de cero. Si alguien puede ayudarme, excelte

Regards,

Saludos.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I had similar issues with blocks not appearing and still being heard.  They would be invisible on the Helix floor screen.  After using a pc with HX Edit, the blocks were in fact still there.  I downgraded this mess back to 2.71 as I need a system that is more reliable.  I hope Line 6 figures their stuff out sooner than later.  This uniform code multi-platform mission is a disaster so far.

2 hours ago, dean701 said:

Yes, I had similar issues with blocks not appearing and still being heard.  They would be invisible on the Helix floor screen.  After using a pc with HX Edit, the blocks were in fact still there.  I downgraded this mess back to 2.71 as I need a system that is more reliable.  I hope Line 6 figures their stuff out sooner than later.  This uniform code multi-platform mission is a disaster so far.

A disaster? I think that’s quite a bit hyperbolic... There are some bugs, and 2.82 will be out shortly to clean up some of the remaining things. I mean, personally, I’ve done a bunch of gigs using the 2.80 and 2.8 firmware and really haven’t run into any showstopper bigs. I suppose with a complex system with so many different possible use scenarios, everyone is going to be different.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I just find it interesting that the folks that have the most experience with the Helix seem to havethe least amount of problems with upgrades or various anomalies.  Kinda makes one go..."hmmmmmmm..." 

The only "disaster" I've seen appears to me to be people that aren't quite prepared for the more technical nature of a premium modeler and don't spend adequate time reading the documentation or version release notes...not to mention a very poor grasp of their own computer operating systems.

I've been on 2.81 for at least a month and it's performed consistently with zero problems gigging generally at least twice a week, the same as with all previous releases over the last four years.  If you're struggling with it I might suggest the problem might not lie in the equipment.

• Upvote 4

I too have no problems with 2.81 and use a pretty complex patch. 2.8 had its share of issues, and that's unfortunate. But it's a big change that needed to be done to enable the future, and getting in our hands is the best way to ring out the bugs that are too hard to find in automated/manual testing.

Overall its about value. Defects reduce the ability of Helix capabilities to deliver value. But to me 2.8 has improved value even with the defects. I'll happily give Line6 the time to clean things up, and have confidence they will do so.

• Upvote 1

On 8/10/2019 at 9:35 PM, EzeCerino said:

Hi, 

Does any body experience this same issue?

I've updated my Helix Floor from 2.7 to 2.80 and all my vintage delay blocks become a sort of ghost.It disappears from the signal path but they are still sounding in the back. If you try to do something that involves the delay parameters, even changing the tap tempo, it stops.

I've already update my firmware to 2.81 and restore this presets from the 2.71 backup and still the same.

This is my main delay so i don't wanna to reload every preset manually. So if anybody can help me, i'll be happy. 

Hola, 

Alguien tuvo el mismo problema?

Actualicé el firmware del 2.7 a 2.80 y mi bloque de vintage delay se transformó en una especie de fantasma. El bloque desapareció pero aun sigue sonando. Si muevo cualquier parámetro relacionado al delay, este deja de sonar. 

Actualicé al 2.81 y restauré los presets desde el 2.71 pero todavía sigue el mismo problema

Es mi delay principal y no quiero tener que volver a cargarlos de cero. Si alguien puede ayudarme, excelte

Regards,

Saludos.

The 2.82 HX Edit and firmware is out now.