Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dt Amps Programmability Modification ?

aggravation

Does anyone know if the DT amps could be modified to allow the amp to remember the Outside parameters as well as the topology etc. ?

So that, when using the amp without a Pod device connected, when ever you first select I, II, III, IV, the Bass, Middle, Treble, Drive, Channel Volume, Etc would be at whatever levels you had set them to create the 'preset' just like the topology choices are.

Right now on my DT25 I have 7 fantastic sounding 'presets' without having to touch the knobs and 1, the JCM 800, which is at least 30% too hot with no way to get it balanced out with the other 7.

All the high gain models are much hotter than the rest in such a way the the Channel Volume and/or Drive parameters need to be greatly reduced if you want to be able to switch between all channels without having to grab the knobs each time you switch to or from a high gain model.

PS: Line6 tech gurus, while you are in there under the hood, you can send some of that extra output volume to the Hiway model....

i don't think it's likely as you're asking for the amp to be something it isn't....

i also don't think it's impossible that they could do it... just unlikely...

but here is where you need to post it:

http://line6.ideascale.com/

if your idea gets some traction or catches the eye of the right guy at L6, you never know...

In my studio tube days (yes I am that old) we left the gear on for very long periods of time. 10-12-14 hours no problem. It was only powered down over night if everybody left. For back to back bookings it was never it turned off. This included studio amps (mainly Fender in those days).