Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Version 2.0 of V Remote does not work for Windows

CeSaRiOs

2 hours ago, CeSaRiOs said:

Bert_Peters, I have reinstalled on two different machines with the right of Adiministrador, one with Win 7 and 10, and another with win 10. In both it gives error still at startup. Do you use x64 or x86 system?

I'm using x64, have you got the latest drivers, there was a update a while back. 

9 hours ago, CrovaxWindgrace said:

Did you install the Asio driver too? it's not mandatory, but maybe we can give it a shoot.  Also remember to update your DirectX and .net framework...just because everything that fails on windows its usually because of those two.

I upgraded Windows 10 to the latest version, also the .net Framework and Directx, but it still doesn't open. The previous version runs normally.

3 hours ago, gtrman100 said:

What is the error message you're getting?

When it appears it just says that the program needed to be closed will search for a solution. But the spider almost always doesn't appear, it looks like it will and nothing happens.

• Upvote 1

I upgraded Windows 10 to 1903, upgraded the .net framework and also DirectX to the latest versions and still the problem persists.  Never had problems with Spider V Remote, until version 2.00 always rotated very well both on Win 7 as in Win 10.

I installed v 1.00 on the same windows 10 (latest update) - Works

I Installed v1.03 on the same windows 10 (latest update) - Works

I Installed v2.0 on the same windows 10 (latest update) - Opens, then closes after about 3 seconds. - no error

I then In installed 1.03 on the same windows 10 (latest update) - Works

No idea why its not starting

3 hours ago, bob_fat said:

same issue here - installed v2.00 - it looks like it's going to start up and closes down with no errors.  Can we run it in verbose mode to see why it's failing? 

I've already lost count of how many solutions I tried to solve, but none worked. 

2 hours ago, bob_fat said:

I installed v 1.00 on the same windows 10 (latest update) - Works

I Installed v1.03 on the same windows 10 (latest update) - Works

I Installed v2.0 on the same windows 10 (latest update) - Opens, then closes after about 3 seconds. - no error

I then In installed 1.03 on the same windows 10 (latest update) - Works

No idea why its not starting

This happens exactly like this. I'll try to find a solution, any news we come back.

Hi guys, it is some bug in the application it seems. This is from the Windows event log:

Application: Spider V Remote.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   at WindowsCommon.EngineInterface.ParamValueServer.createEngine()
   at WindowsCommon.EngineInterface.ParamValueServer..ctor()
   at WindowsCommon.EngineInterface.ParamValueServer..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException
   at WindowsCommon.EngineInterface.ParamValueServer.get_Instance()
   at MainApplication.MainWindow.<.ctor>b__10_0()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Faulting application name: Spider V Remote.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d3085bd
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.267, time stamp: 0x91664cab
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00113442
Faulting process id: 0x8cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5545c35e705c6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Line6\Spider V Remote\Spider V Remote.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 89b1034b-a4f0-4a8d-afdf-a6f897789674
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

So probably we have to wait for fix of this.

• Upvote 1

First look, it looks like it cannot find a file it needs, but its not being handled at all by the application when it cannot find the file.  

Just check in C:\windows\system32.  To see if there is a file present called KERNALBASE.dll

cant see any other references to any other files in the report.

I just installed v2.00 on my daughters cheapo windows 10 hp stream laptop, and it launches fine.  

I checked and kernelbase.dll exists in system32

if its not that file, we will either need to wait for line6 to read this thread and tell us so we can install whatever software has this file, or try to find out what it could be ourselves.  

Its nothing to do with the file kernalbase.dll missing, but it might be something to do with .net generating the error due to a vc++ component missing.

i cant test this at the moment, but can you try installing C++ redistributable package for VS

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

please try installing this for x86 or x64 and see if it resolves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just to add my experience as a 2018 HP laptop running Windows 10 owner, I needed some help from Line 6 Support but once I got the right set of instructions was able to update to Firmware 2.0 with no problems. It runs fine. I love the option of using the Classic speaker mode. Great improvement! 

On 8/20/2019 at 6:35 PM, bob_fat said:

Its nothing to do with the file kernalbase.dll missing, but it might be something to do with .net generating the error due to a vc++ component missing.

i cant test this at the moment, but can you try installing C++ redistributable package for VS

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

please try installing this for x86 or x64 and see if it resolves.

bob_fat, you are the hero man :)  I installed

Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019

x64 version

and everything works now. I have lates Windows 10 x64 1903 up to date (23.08.2019)

Maybe on old laptops all VC packages are installed due to long update history. This was not the case however with my fresh installed laptop. Now it works. Thank you!

• Like 2

Hello,
I have the same problem. Unfortunately C ++ is not the solution for me. I prefer Win 7 but also under Win 10 with all updates it did not work.
The difference is that under Win 7, the old remote app can not be reinstalled if you have installed the Remote 2.0.

Hello,

I also have this issue. I use an old version to be able to use the Spider remote on my SPIDER V240 head.

I think that application can be really improved. I have also and HD500 with DT25 amp and the software for HD500 is really better in term of configuration for exemple I cannot use my external volume pedal like with HD500. Also I cannot activate both effect with same button.

I can understand that this product is less luxurious than HD500 but possibility are there.....

I hope that Line 6 Will upgrade this SPIDER REMOTE software very quickly!!!!!!

Please Line 6 support help us.

Laurent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too have an issue with 2.0 upgrade with my Spider V 240.  Every preceding upgrade have been easy with no problems... Tried to upgarde with 2.0 firmware several times ..but recieved an error notice......AN ERROR HAS OCCURED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN.  Then it gives me 3 suggestions in which try if it does not work.   Why all previous ugrades were succesful and this one trashed?  I am using Windows 7  64bit.  Any suggestions?????? AAAARRRRHHHH!!!!

I have the same problem with spider remote 2.0 on windows 10 (actual patch level) no other software installed
The application crashes immediately after starting with the error:

Faulting application name: Spider V Remote.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d3085bd
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.267, time stamp: 0x91664cab

Is there any workaround to get the app started????

• 3 months later...

buen día, yo tenia el mismo problema, instalaba spider v remote y al momento de abrirlo me mandaba un error que mencionaba que el software se detenia por un error y no daba opciones para solucionarlo, después instale los demás programas que necesitaba para escuela y el trabajo, posterior a esto decidí intentarlo de nuevo y el software funciono sin problemas, cabe decir que me marcaba los mismos errores como el de kernelbase.dll y otro más que no recuerdo, la lista de programas de programas que instale fue: netbeans, mikroc, proteus, matlab, guitar pro, c ++. Yo recomiendo instalar el kit de desarrollo de java, java, incluso net beans jajaja e intentarlo de nuevo les deseo suerte y saludos!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Guys, I experienced the same issues mentioned. I tried all the suggested solutions. Nothing worked.

I opened a ticket with Line6 support (Feb 2020). They made some deeper investigations together with me and confirmed it's a bug to be resolved on their side.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Discovered another hotfix that might help.

Short story:
Install Microsoft SQL Server 2016 LocalDB (download SQL Server Express 2016 at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/configure-windows/sql-server-express-localdb, launch the installer, choose Download Media, get the LocalDB installer)

Long story:
On my old laptop, installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable helped (more or less, do not remember exactly), this didn't work for my new laptop though. Installed VS 2019 as a desperate attempt to fix the crash, and it succeeded. Verified that LocalDB is the key component that fixed the crash.

Another odd observation is that the Spider V Remote installer already DOES include the Visual C++ Redistributable installer (Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86) - 14.11.25325) - click Show Details when the Spider V Remote installation is complete, locate the redist.exe file, you see? So it's quite a mystery why would we possibly need to install an additional Visual C++ Redistributable in some of the reported cases.

• Like 1

I am wondering if it has to do with being a x86 program.  We need an x64 version.  Tired of this thing crashing all of the time.  There are a ton of improvements that can be made!!  We need alot of things in my opinion to help those of us who sank the money we did into gear that isnt working as advertised either.  Like how i spend more time charging my original, and my 'replacement' gt10 dongle than i do getting to play with them on the 240hc mk1.  Also kind of smiffed they released a mkii right after i got mine, stating the software/firmware upgrade would make it virtually the same.... then why make a mkii??

-frustrated customer!

i just bought a spider v60 mkII i have no problems with the spider remote 2.0.0.

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz   3.30 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    20H2
Installed on    ‎19/‎07/‎2020
OS build    19042.782
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

i only know that windows home editions are not always complete with all drivers and DLL's

Screenshot.jpg

• 1 month later...

Im experiencing this issue also, on a laptop running Windows 7 and another cpu running windows 10.

I tried updating  c++ and most of the solutions presented in this thread besides the KERNELBASE.DLL thing.  SQL Server Express wasn't compatible with my laptop, havent tried these solutions on the other cpu yet but i will after were done using it to watch TV. 

If i manage to get remote  to work on either I will share here what happened, but so far I have tried it on both systems and it crashes shortly after opening the loading window.   Id really like to get it working on both machines particularly the laptop because I plan on updating it to windows 10 anyways after I get paid, so I can run cubase on it and record as well as use the spider remote.  

I still need to buy the right cable to connect my android phone so this is my best option at the moment.  I'm gonna try start a ticket if i cant get spider remote going tomorrow.

Thanks for yall for contributing to this thread i hope we can all get it working!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
14 hours ago, Bergcph said:

well I had same problem lollipop all others  don't open and shut down    I FIX IT !!!    i just uninstall it and downloaded the first version  and that worked  then I upgraded it  and are now using v.2.0 

Excellent.  Hopefully everyone is beyond this issue now.  What amp are you on?  How you do like using Remote 2.0?