CeSaRiOs

Version 2.0 of V Remote does not work for Windows

Good morning! Version 2.0 of V Remote does not work for Windows. Installed on two different machines, also tried on Win 7 and Win 10, but does not open. Any solution? I use x64 systems.

Sorry can't really help you, maybe uninstall and install again with admin rights? 

Works fine for me under win10

Bert_Peters, I have reinstalled on two different machines with the right of Adiministrador, one with Win 7 and 10, and another with win 10. In both it gives error still at startup. Do you use x64 or x86 system?

Did you install the Asio driver too? it's not mandatory, but maybe we can give it a shoot.  Also remember to update your DirectX and .net framework...just because everything that fails on windows its usually because of those two.

2 hours ago, CeSaRiOs said:

Bert_Peters, I have reinstalled on two different machines with the right of Adiministrador, one with Win 7 and 10, and another with win 10. In both it gives error still at startup. Do you use x64 or x86 system?

I'm using x64, have you got the latest drivers, there was a update a while back. 

9 hours ago, CrovaxWindgrace said:

Did you install the Asio driver too? it's not mandatory, but maybe we can give it a shoot.  Also remember to update your DirectX and .net framework...just because everything that fails on windows its usually because of those two.

I upgraded Windows 10 to the latest version, also the .net Framework and Directx, but it still doesn't open. The previous version runs normally.

3 hours ago, gtrman100 said:

What is the error message you're getting?

When it appears it just says that the program needed to be closed will search for a solution. But the spider almost always doesn't appear, it looks like it will and nothing happens.

I upgraded Windows 10 to 1903, upgraded the .net framework and also DirectX to the latest versions and still the problem persists.  Never had problems with Spider V Remote, until version 2.00 always rotated very well both on Win 7 as in Win 10.

same issue here - installed v2.00 - it looks like it's going to start up and closes down with no errors.  Can we run it in verbose mode to see why it's failing?

I installed v 1.00 on the same windows 10 (latest update) - Works

I Installed v1.03 on the same windows 10 (latest update) - Works

I Installed v2.0 on the same windows 10 (latest update) - Opens, then closes after about 3 seconds. - no error

I then In installed 1.03 on the same windows 10 (latest update) - Works

No idea why its not starting

3 hours ago, bob_fat said:

same issue here - installed v2.00 - it looks like it's going to start up and closes down with no errors.  Can we run it in verbose mode to see why it's failing? 

I've already lost count of how many solutions I tried to solve, but none worked. 

2 hours ago, bob_fat said:

I installed v 1.00 on the same windows 10 (latest update) - Works

I Installed v1.03 on the same windows 10 (latest update) - Works

I Installed v2.0 on the same windows 10 (latest update) - Opens, then closes after about 3 seconds. - no error

I then In installed 1.03 on the same windows 10 (latest update) - Works

No idea why its not starting

This happens exactly like this. I'll try to find a solution, any news we come back.

Hi guys, it is some bug in the application it seems. This is from the Windows event log:

Application: Spider V Remote.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   at WindowsCommon.EngineInterface.ParamValueServer.createEngine()
   at WindowsCommon.EngineInterface.ParamValueServer..ctor()
   at WindowsCommon.EngineInterface.ParamValueServer..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException
   at WindowsCommon.EngineInterface.ParamValueServer.get_Instance()
   at MainApplication.MainWindow.<.ctor>b__10_0()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Faulting application name: Spider V Remote.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d3085bd
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.267, time stamp: 0x91664cab
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00113442
Faulting process id: 0x8cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5545c35e705c6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Line6\Spider V Remote\Spider V Remote.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 89b1034b-a4f0-4a8d-afdf-a6f897789674
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

So probably we have to wait for fix of this.

First look, it looks like it cannot find a file it needs, but its not being handled at all by the application when it cannot find the file.  

Just check in C:\windows\system32.  To see if there is a file present called KERNALBASE.dll

cant see any other references to any other files in the report.

I just installed v2.00 on my daughters cheapo windows 10 hp stream laptop, and it launches fine.  

I checked and kernelbase.dll exists in system32

if its not that file, we will either need to wait for line6 to read this thread and tell us so we can install whatever software has this file, or try to find out what it could be ourselves.  

The kernelbase.dll version on my daughters laptop is 10.0.015063.1266

her laptop has not been updated for ages. 

Its nothing to do with the file kernalbase.dll missing, but it might be something to do with .net generating the error due to a vc++ component missing.

i cant test this at the moment, but can you try installing C++ redistributable package for VS

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

please try installing this for x86 or x64 and see if it resolves.

• Thanks 1

Not sure if important .. got same issue under Win10 with latest version not working. Already installed Remote V 2.00 under WIN7 and works perfect. 

Raised a ticket to L6 about this ... 

Just to add my experience as a 2018 HP laptop running Windows 10 owner, I needed some help from Line 6 Support but once I got the right set of instructions was able to update to Firmware 2.0 with no problems. It runs fine. I love the option of using the Classic speaker mode. Great improvement! 

On 8/20/2019 at 6:35 PM, bob_fat said:

Its nothing to do with the file kernalbase.dll missing, but it might be something to do with .net generating the error due to a vc++ component missing.

i cant test this at the moment, but can you try installing C++ redistributable package for VS

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

please try installing this for x86 or x64 and see if it resolves.

bob_fat, you are the hero man :)  I installed

Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019

x64 version

and everything works now. I have lates Windows 10 x64 1903 up to date (23.08.2019)

Maybe on old laptops all VC packages are installed due to long update history. This was not the case however with my fresh installed laptop. Now it works. Thank you!

• Like 1

Hello,
I have the same problem. Unfortunately C ++ is not the solution for me. I prefer Win 7 but also under Win 10 with all updates it did not work.
The difference is that under Win 7, the old remote app can not be reinstalled if you have installed the Remote 2.0.

Hello,

I also have this issue. I use an old version to be able to use the Spider remote on my SPIDER V240 head.

I think that application can be really improved. I have also and HD500 with DT25 amp and the software for HD500 is really better in term of configuration for exemple I cannot use my external volume pedal like with HD500. Also I cannot activate both effect with same button.

I can understand that this product is less luxurious than HD500 but possibility are there.....

I hope that Line 6 Will upgrade this SPIDER REMOTE software very quickly!!!!!!

Please Line 6 support help us.

Laurent

Good morning, gentlemen! Who had problems with the new version please open a ticket, who knows so Line 6 seeks to find a solution.

Hi guys!

I downloaded the software to my computer, and also downloaded a couple of tones. I am trying to open those tones with the app, but it crashes every time and it won't let me use it. Anybody with the same issue?

Thank you!

I too have an issue with 2.0 upgrade with my Spider V 240.  Every preceding upgrade have been easy with no problems... Tried to upgarde with 2.0 firmware several times ..but recieved an error notice......AN ERROR HAS OCCURED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN.  Then it gives me 3 suggestions in which try if it does not work.   Why all previous ugrades were succesful and this one trashed?  I am using Windows 7  64bit.  Any suggestions?????? AAAARRRRHHHH!!!!

I have the same problem with spider remote 2.0 on windows 10 (actual patch level) no other software installed
The application crashes immediately after starting with the error:

Faulting application name: Spider V Remote.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d3085bd
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.267, time stamp: 0x91664cab

Is there any workaround to get the app started????