Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 2.80/81 Update suggestion

francycardoni

Hi all, 

I’m planning on buying the Helix floor, and I’ve read about all the issues that might come with the 2.80/81 update, so I have few questions I hope you could help me with:

1) Are the issues due to user error during the update phase? (In other words: if I follow all the steps for the update written in the 2.80 update post here in the forum, will I have a chance to get some errors/bugs on my Helix?)

2) Would you suggest to immediately update the Helix after it arrives or is it better for me to play a little in order to “know” better the Helix and only then update? 

Thank you for reading, I’m sorry if this topic was posted before but I’m new here (sorry for bad English too, I’m not a native speaker).

Hi Francy,

I'm neiter a native English speaker - so welcome to the club! ;-)

Most of the issues during the update are user-based. If you carefully follow the update instructions of Line 6 you probably won't have any problems.

However there are (few) known bugs in the 2.81 firmware. Please have a look at the bug reports and decide, if this is okay for you --> https://line6.com/support/topic/16083-helix-bug-reports/?page=37

I would prefer to play around with the Helix before I update anything. But this would be only my way.

Have fun - and rock on! :-)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, francycardoni said:

Hi all, 

I’m planning on buying the Helix floor, and I’ve read about all the issues that might come with the 2.80/81 update, so I have few questions I hope you could help me with:

1) Are the issues due to user error during the update phase? (In other words: if I follow all the steps for the update written in the 2.80 update post here in the forum, will I have a chance to get some errors/bugs on my Helix?)

2) Would you suggest to immediately update the Helix after it arrives or is it better for me to play a little in order to “know” better the Helix and only then update? 

Thank you for reading, I’m sorry if this topic was posted before but I’m new here (sorry for bad English too, I’m not a native speaker).

1) In many cases, yes. Does that mean that the firmware is bug-free? No... there will always be some issue(s) that requires fixing. But they're not universal, and some of the issues are usage-dependent, and may not affect you anyway. It's largely a moot point anyway though, as 2.81 has already been released. A number of the initial bugs have already been addressed.

2) You're a clean slate... with no Helix experience at all, the firmware version you're running is entirely irrelevant, imho... so you might as well start with the "latest and greatest". It'll spare having to get reacquainted with whatever little things change from update to update, where stuff is located in various menus, or how certain things are displayed, etc. etc. Just start with 2.81... it'll be less work.

• Thanks 1