Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500 Live Sound Questions

josephship434

for the last several months I have been partnered with a guy who plays live music at local venues. for the most part I've been relying on his gear but recently I went ahead and got my own pa system to start doing my own shows. I have everything I need but there was one problem: my mixer didn't come with any kind of reverb effect on it. I've had my hd500 for a while and I know it is able to support a mic. I've figured out how to adjust the settings to have both the mic and guitar come through but the mic is coming through really hot. it's picking up a lot of surrounding noises so I tried to apply a noise gate to fix the issue. problem is, when I activate the noise gate, no sound comes through the mic at all. is the noise gate on the hd500 not compatible for use with a microphone or is there a way to do it that I haven't discovered yet? also, are there currently any programmable options for the outputs to have the mic and guitar travel to separate channels on the mixer? it would be nice to have that control but I have been hearing that's not an option. any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can, you just have to sort up two separate paths, A&B, and pan them hard left and hard right in the mixer. Then, don't put any effects after the mixer that would sum the A&B. Use both XLR outs or BOTH 1/4" outs. If you use one XLR and a 1/4", put a dummy jack in the other 1/4" out.

thank you so much for the tone, it is exactly what I needed. the only thing left is that I am struggling a little to try to separate the paths going to the mixer. I've tried panning them hard left and right but im still getting both the mic and guitar coming through left and right. is there maybe a tutorial video that can show me how to do that? I really appreciate all the help you guys are offering me

What have you got your HD500 inputs set to?

Are you setting INPUT 1 to GUITAR and INPUT 2 to mic?   (or the other way around if the mic path is on PATH A in the patch silverhead gave you)   That will ensure that GUITAR goes to L and MIC goes to R (or vice versa).

If you have INPUT 1 set to GUITAR + MIC  and INPUT 2 to SAME - then you will get both MIC and GUITAR in both L+R channels.