Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25 firmware 1.0 reset instructions

PaulTBaker

I just bought a helix lt and realized I needed to update my DT25 to firmware 2.0.  Using an Aleisis midi to usb cable, I updated monkey to 1.77, plugged in the cables and finally got monkey to see the dt.  Monkey said the Dt was version 1.0 so I clicked the update button.  It got almost finished and I got the 8000000A error... I tried this several times, same results.  I read where you should try it in safe mode... so I press down the A/B toggle to B and turned it on and continued to hold the B down for 10 seconds or so... I tried the update again and got the same error.

Now, after restarting the DT several times, when it turns on, no voicing lights are on, both pentode and triode lights are on, the low volume light is on, and it is on channel b.

I've tried pinching the voicing and pentode switches while turning on the amp (leaving them pinched for a long time) and it does not reset.

Does anyone know if there is a different procedure to reset the DT25 with firmware version 1.0?

Thanks!

• Like 1

here's an old thread on it that might help you. There's more to the thread than what I copy/pasted if you want to read more of it click the following link.

http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/89126/

DT25 Update - error code 8000000A
by greghall on 2012-11-06 00:57:17.9270

I've tried to update my DT25 with the 2.0 firmware, but get the 8000000A error code.

I bought a new UNO midi cable, connected to my Mac Book Pro (running Lion), ran Monkey, selected MIDI device, then DT25 combo. Monkey detected the DT25 and confirmed the current firmware version. I ran Update, and got the error code.

I have the latest driver, and have tried swapping the cables around, and also doing the update from a manual download.

Does anyone have any suggestions to overcome this issue?

Re: DT25 Update - error code 8000000A
by DarthHollis on 2012-11-06 04:48:36.0570

#1 Keep trying (sometimes I have had to try multiple times to get it to work)

#2 Switch the Midi In and Midi Out pins going into the amp (make sure the lights on the deviced are on)

#3 BOTH the Midi in and out on your computer need to show the conntection to the UNO midi cable

#4 Make sure the amp is "On" (I was wondering why it wasn't working for me before I noticed the amp was off - duh)

Hope this helps

by warta on 2012-11-06 10:06:52.7870

I have the same issue

Latest drivers, switch cables, restart computer, turn amp on/off

The monkey still doesn't find/update the amp

Moving the controls on the amp makes the midi light blink, wchich tells me the UNO is presumably working

Can't help but wondering why no line 6 techs have answered these problems

by TheRealZap on 2012-11-06 10:13:35.1720

warta wrote:

Can't help but wondering why no line 6 techs have answered these problems

line6 doesn't do support in the forum anymore...

if you want input from line6, you need to call them or open a support ticket.

by sopachrga on 2012-11-06 10:42:45.1200

Try this:

-Power the amp off

-Disconnect Midi cables from the amp (and all other cables, so you only have a speaker and power cable connected)

-Hold the Channel selector switch down (towards channel B) then turn the main power switch on (Just leave it in standby)

-Continue holding the channel switch for a good six seconds. (Nothing will happen to indicate that you have held it long enough)

-Then release the channel switch

-Plug the midi cables back in

-Start Monkey back up

That worked for my DT50, hopefully the DT25 is the same.

by greghall on 2012-11-06 14:47:54.5400

Thank you for all your help / suggestions.

After many attemps, I finally got the firmware update to work, by turning the amp on with the MIDI cables connected / USB plugged into the Mac. Then I toggled through topologies I to IV a couple of times, until on IV the MIDI in light on the UNO stayed on for a few seconds. This seemed to get the MIDI connection working, becuase after that I opened up Monkey and ran the update, and it all worked fine.

I'm not sure why this worked, but it may be that the driver has to receive a MIDI signal before it will send one - just a guess!

by warta on 2012-11-08 08:18:57.0790

The saga continues....

I called Line 6

Tried the safe start mode. Nothing

He suggested I buy new cables or try another computer. Maybe thats's the problem. And oh by the way, this is not a warranty item since the amp "works".

He said I could send the amp to them and they could update it. Ya, right.

I purchased a midi cable to see if my amp received signals via HD500. It does.

I downloaded Midiox and in the window I have midi signals coming and going through my existing cables when I move diasl on the amp.

The issue seems to me to be the Line 6 monkey and its inability to find the amp for whatever reason.

Based upon the many posts I've read from clear back to 2007 it's an ongoing issue. Many users seem to keep trying, flip swithches 20 times, start and restart their computers, the monkey, or the amp and magically it works.

Unfortunately for me it hasn't

And line 6 appears inable or unwilling to fix the issue.

by snuffels9 on 2012-11-10 07:37:11.1720

Here is another magic trick, that worked for me. ;-)

I had the issue that Line6 Monkey could detect the DT25, and started to update the firmware, but the update failed with some weird error message. I got It working after I downloaded the firmware file from the web page and told the monkey to update from file instead of letting it download the file.

• 1 month later...

1) 8000000A error is a MIDI time out error.

2) Amp should be in "standby" mode when updating thru Monkey via MIDI.

3) Uno is a good device to use.

4) Disconnect any USB hub and go direct MIDI-to-USB to the computer.

5) Check the Downloads page of the Line 6 site for computer OS and Firmware version compatibility.

• 3 years later...