Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix to Helix LT Patches

teajay808

Hi,

I am new to all of this so I apologize if this is an ameteur question. I recently purchased a Helix LT and I downloaded a patch made for a Helix (10 Footswitches). When I drag the patch into the HX Editor, it doesnt work well with the Helix LT. I am assuming because the LT only has 8 footswitches. Is there a way for me to edit the patch I downloaded to only have 8 footswitches? I basically want to delete a couple effects that I dont really need.

Thank you!

Same number of foot switches. Just no label strips and less I/O, e.g., no MIC in, less send/returns, and external amp controls, ...

Downloaded patches are hit and miss as your other equipment and guitars typically do not match the stuff from the author.

Same number of foot switches, but I think the LT does not have a 10-Switches mode in the settings.

What do you mean with:  "it doesnt work well with the Helix LT". Can you edit the patch? Then I would just reassign the footswitches.

• 1 year later...

this is what I am experiencing. By chance I stumbled on the solution.. when I hit he action button the options come up to clear all blocks I hit it then hit ok. Done as I thought not so after several tries I tried the same order then right after I hit ok before any other actions I hit the save button and there you go all of my presets that I created were erased. All I have to do now is rename them and start over. A bt to much but I still like the helix. The upgrade needs to be more customer friendly...Lol...

9 hours ago, ggreg46 said:

this is what I am experiencing. By chance I stumbled on the solution.. when I hit he action button the options come up to clear all blocks I hit it then hit ok. Done as I thought not so after several tries I tried the same order then right after I hit ok before any other actions I hit the save button and there you go all of my presets that I created were erased. All I have to do now is rename them and start over. A bt to much but I still like the helix. The upgrade needs to be more customer friendly...Lol...

Sorry, but this appears rather garbled to me and don't make any sense whatsoever. 

"this is what I am experiencing"

Huh? What, exactly are you experiencing?

Not able to reassign a foot switch?

And the solution you stumble on is to erase the preset? 

No! Incorrect.

The "Clear All Blocks" command does exactly that. If you click on Clear All Blocks" then click OK, they are gone, no more cleared - you will have an empty preset. They will be erased! All that will remain is the name that had been give to that preset's slot.

What was being discussed in this thread (which is over a year old), was using HX Edit to remove foot switch controller assignments from a preset. Again something that is not very difficult to understand.

If your intention is simply to create an empty preset you can use the "copy and paste" function in HX Edit to duplicate a "New Preset" slot.

I'm going to guess that English is not your first language, so forgive me if I sound harsh, but this stuff is very basic and saying that "The upgrade needs to be more customer friendly...Lol." is simply wrong. The best thing to do is read the manuals for the hardware and the Editor software, then you can avoid erasing things when you don't mean to.

Hope this helps/makes sense.