Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't Sign in to Helix Native

tomsgreenmind86

Hi, I'm just looking to get my trial of Helix Native started, but I can't even get beyond signing into the plugin. I'm running MacOS High Sierra and using Garageband.

I've reset my password, changed my username, uninstalled, reinstalled, got an open ticket with Line 6, but I feel like I am getting nowhere with them. I get one troubleshooting tip per email every 3 days.

Anyone else come across this issue and manage to solve it? I've found some other posts that weren't very conclusive on the matter.

Thanks in advance.

13 hours ago, tomsgreenmind86 said:

Hi, I'm just looking to get my trial of Helix Native started, but I can't even get beyond signing into the plugin. I'm running MacOS High Sierra and using Garageband.

I've reset my password, changed my username, uninstalled, reinstalled, got an open ticket with Line 6, but I feel like I am getting nowhere with them. I get one troubleshooting tip per email every 3 days.

Anyone else come across this issue and manage to solve it? I've found some other posts that weren't very conclusive on the matter.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I find this rather odd. Why would you need to change you user name and password to run Native.

Your user name and password must be functional, because you have managed to post here.

You are using a Mac High Sierra and GarageBand which should be fine, but you say that you cannot get beyond signing into the plugin. From that info it's difficult to visualise at what exact point the plugin fails. I assume that you get to the point where it says "Connecting to Server" and asks "Please sign-in to your Line 6 Account", which then never gets to the "Authorise this Computer"  or  Select  Demo Option?

Please advise - more info required to assist any further

Hey, thanks for the reply.

It is odd, that measure certainly wasn't a logical one! My login works fine on the site, but I enter it into Helix Native, the connecting to server message comes up for a few seconds then my password is wiped from the field and it's back to "sign in to verify".

I cannot get past the sign in screen and there are no errors to indicate why. All I got from Line 6 to try was "make sure your wifi is on" and "here's the instructions on how to uninstall, try reinstalling".

It's frustrating as I want to try the product as I have the intention to buy it.

Hope that extra detail helps.

10 hours ago, tomsgreenmind86 said:

I cannot get past the sign in screen and there are no errors to indicate why. All I got from Line 6 to try was "make sure your wifi is on" and "here's the instructions on how to uninstall, try reinstalling".

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. 

This is is a real odd one and what I would ask is, do you have anything running on your Mac that may interfere with any internet connection - usual suspects are Radio Silence and Little Snitch. For the purposes of getting Native to log-in you could turn off or disable any firewall or anti-virus which may block the process (one completed you can turn it back on). Also, sometimes Apple’s own System software can jump on install packages which it decides are from an “unknown source”, essentially anyone but Apple.

The suggestion to “make sure your wifi is on" is a little insulting as you obviously managed to get an email through to Support. When installing this stuff it is probably best practice to only have the installer package running in the Finder. If everything else is off there is nothing to mess with the routine. If you have an Ethernet connection to the internet it may be more stable than WiFi, so you could try that.

I know that it’s a drag, but a complete uninstall and reinstall along with a restart of your Mac between each process may blow the bugs out along with disabling any possible interference may be worth a try. Unless “soundog” reads this and can jump in with a simple solution, but I have noticed him post for a couple of days.

It’s not much, but hope this is some help.

Hey,

No worries, thanks for taking the time to reply.

I don't have any firewall software installed and I checked the security settings and the firewall is turned off there.

I have gone through a full uninstall and re-install, but I didn't restart after removing each part. Maybe I'll give that a try just out of desperation!

I've also tried it with Reaper with the exact same results, so I can rule out any conflict between Helix and Garageband.

It is really odd, and I'm running out of ideas of what else to try, and I think Line 6 are too based on their last email!

Thanks for the suggestions!

3 hours ago, tomsgreenmind86 said:

Thanks for the suggestions!

Sorry that’s all I have at the moment, but Native can be really awkward on some systems, although it’s more usual trouble with Windows machines. Getting the Demo to function on a Mac is generally painless as long as you keep connected to the internet while using it. Luckily, that restriction is removed once you buy it.

I managed to finally got it working. All it took was to plug in via ethernet cable. So my WiFi was strong enough to download the software but not too connect to the servers. Very odd, specifically as line 6 sorry advised me to used WiFi, even if I was using an Ethernet connection...

Any way, time to get stuck in and enjoy the tones! First impression is that there's a lot of detail in the amp tones and the pitch shifter tracks really well!

3 hours ago, tomsgreenmind86 said:

I managed to finally got it working. All it took was to plug in via ethernet cable. So my WiFi was strong enough to download the software but not too connect to the servers. Very odd, specifically as line 6 sorry advised me to used WiFi, even if I was using an Ethernet connection...

Any way, time to get stuck in and enjoy the tones! First impression is that there's a lot of detail in the amp tones and the pitch shifter tracks really well!

Hi,

I would always prefer Ethernet as a more stable connection, so use that to connect all the time you are using the trial HNX and you should be fine. If you decide to buy, once you computer is authorised, you no longer need to be connected all the time. 

Glad to know that you are finally up and running - have fun.

My studio is downstairs, router is upstairs. I thought I had a decent wi-fi connection, but file transfers were sluggish. I ended up routing a 50' wi-fi cable (<$10) outside the house and through the walls. Easy project. HUGE improvement, especially when uploading or downloading hi-rez audio and video files.

11 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

I would always prefer Ethernet as a more stable connection, so use that to connect all the time you are using the trial HNX and you should be fine. If you decide to buy, once you computer is authorised, you no longer need to be connected all the time. 

Glad to know that you are finally up and running - have fun.

My wifi signal isn't the strongest in the room where I've got my gear setup, but I even took my laptop downstairs, sat next to the router and had the same result. Still odd how it would only work on ethernet!

5 hours ago, soundog said:

My studio is downstairs, router is upstairs. I thought I had a decent wi-fi connection, but file transfers were sluggish. I ended up routing a 50' wi-fi cable (<$10) outside the house and through the walls. Easy project. HUGE improvement, especially when uploading or downloading hi-rez audio and video files.

That's an extreme solution, but can't argue with it's effectiveness! I've been thinking for a while about getting a wifi extender or one of the those ethernet ports you plug into the power supply. I've had really good results with one before.

I hope after the first login it will be easier and that I don't have to go downstairs every time I want to use Helix Native!

...I'm hopeful you'll be fine after the first login/authorization. (The main reason I went with hardwired ethernet is that I regularly upload/download Gbytes of audio tracks , so yeah...it was an extreme solution.)