Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mac download instead of Windows download

RD1967

So, I updated to 2.80 about 4 or 5 days after its release and it went flawlessly.  The only issues I'm having are the same issues others are having.  However, I'm thinking I may have downloaded the Mac version of 2.80 and installed it rather than the Windows version.  Is this even possible or would it have not worked since I'm using a windows PC?  If I did actually do this what kind of issue might I be experiencing?

3 minutes ago, RD1967 said:

So, I updated to 2.80 about 4 or 5 days after its release and it went flawlessly.  The only issues I'm having are the same issues others are having.  However, I'm thinking I may have downloaded the Mac version of 2.80 and installed it rather than the Windows version.  Is this even possible or would it have not worked since I'm using a windows PC?  If I did actually do this what kind of issue might I be experiencing?

Not possible!

The Mac download is a .dmg file – a disk image

The Window download is .exe file – an executable file

It couldn't happen, but you may be suffering delusions?  ;-)

1 hour ago, RD1967 said:

However, I'm thinking I may have downloaded the Mac version of 2.80 and installed it rather than the Windows version.  Is this even posossible...

No... as they say up in Maine, "You can't get there from here", lol. Neither machine can run software written for the other platform anyway... they're 100% mutually exclusive. You couldn't have done that if you wanted to.