Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Annoying Tuner Bug

dingavinga

Has anyone noticed the blast of noise when one switches off the tuner? It is a really brazen sound. Any leads would be appreciated on this.

I have the 500x connected via usb to my pc. The headphones and guitar being connected to the pod. On the pc I have my own track playing via Fl Studio. I always use my own tracks as a backing track. It is the track that gives out a sudden burst of sound as I switch off the tuner. For now I just take the headphones off to avoid it blasting my ears.

P.S. I also have been using the UX8 and pod XT for years without a single issue.

Thanks.

Apologies for not mentioning the details. Thank-you for the replies.

I have the 500x connected via usb to my pc. The headphones and guitar being connected to the pod. On the pc I have my own track playing via Fl Studio. I always use my own tracks as a backing track. It is the track that gives out a sudden burst of sound as I switch off the tuner. For now I just take the headphones off to avoid it blasting my ears.

P.S. I also have been using the UX8 and pod XT for years without a single issue.

Thank-you once again.

Never tried tuner while using the pod as a sound card.  That might be the problem. 

The reason I use the pod as a sound card, is because it enables me to play the track within it in my daw, without having to bounce all of the individual tracks. Everything becomes integrated as well, and it enables me to make changes on the fly.

If you are using the 'mute while tuning' setting maybe there is a split second where the output/volume settings are not in control as the tuner lets go of the mute setting.

Not that I have a solution but, if I'm right, try not using mute-while-tuning and see if that is less of an issue....

If you are using the 'mute while tuning' setting maybe there is a split second where the output/volume settings are not in control as the tuner lets go of the mute setting.

Not that I have a solution but, if I'm right, try not using mute-while-tuning and see if that is less of an issue....

Thanks! I will try it out as soon as I get my head out of work. I could use a better expression to say what I'm trying to say. I'll post the result as soon as I do.

I use mine in the same manner as you describe, usb to win pc, Win 7, POD as sound card, record and playback with tracks,and there is no issue with the tuner.  Also have found it easier to use software on the PC for tuning rather than trying to see it on the POD's tiny screen.    I have attached a link to a free tuner plugin for use within your DAW that works really good. 

http://www.gvst.co.uk/gtune.htm

You can use Savihost to open one vst as a standalone app and it works great with Gtune so you don't have to load your full DAW...

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

• Upvote 2

I have the same problem when using my POD PRO as a sound card and playing guitar along through a powered speaker.  When attempting to activate/deactivate the tuner (whether it's on mute or not) there is a very loud distorted noise, it's much louder when deactivating the tuner.  I honestly think I could damage my speaker, it's that loud.  I've tried it with the master down, tuner mute... nothing seems to quelch this noise.  This is an ongoing issue.

I rolled back the driver to 2.01 and 2.10, there was a mute on the tuner release so it didn't blast the usb driven signal like the current firmware (2.20).  But if you turn down the computer sound before using the tuner function, the noise will only be as loud as the computer volume (which is driving the Line6 sound driver).  I've found that "ALL THE WAY DOWN" (MUTE) is the best position until this issue is resolved.

• Upvote 1