Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native 1.8 idea/inquiry for new presets

aaron__aardvark

First of all, is there a Helix Native version 1.8 pilot's manual yet?  If so, could someone provide a link?

I just downloaded Helix Native 1.81 after backing up all of my factory and user presets (including IR stuff).  Isn't there a way to individually download just the new presets that have the new amp models and/or effects, and put them into empty User preset locations (so I don't overwrite all of my current User presets)?  Or I can't save the new factory bundle straight to an empty User folder without over-writing all of my User presets?  I have Cubase AI 8 (the latest version of version 8) and Mac OSX  10.11.6.

BTW it is great having the Undo & Redo function.  I'm way more likely to experiment now.  Thank you Line 6!

7 hours ago, aaron__aardvark said:

First of all, is there a Helix Native version 1.8 pilot's manual yet?  If so, could someone provide a link?

Hi again to the first person in the phone book,

First, yes there is - it’s built into HX Native and located where it always has been - click on the Gear icon. Or get it here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyl0t55jlcd1ijk/Helix Native Pilot's Guide.pdf?dl=0

New Factory Presets. Once again, this is easy - the new stuff is already in Native - you simply need to load it in where it occupies the the first 2 Factory Setlists and Templates, then you can reload your stuff into the other setlists or dispose of the new patches if you want to.

The instructions for this were included the Release Notes - You did read those didn’t you?

STEP 1b—Backing Up Helix Native

If you don't currently own Helix Native, skip this step.

1. Open any instance of YOUR CURRENT VERSION of Helix Native (NOT the new Helix Native 1.81) within your DAW and click the "My Account" button in the lower left corner to open the Preferences window.
  2. From the General tab, click "Export Bundle."
  3. Choose the destination folder and click "Save."

TIP: If you want to load the 2.8X factory presets, it's better to manually back up individual setlists, so you can later import them into empty setlists. To do this, from the preset library along the left side, select the setlist you want to back up and click the small yellow "Export." Choose a destination folder and click "Save." Repeat for any other setlists you want to back up.

STEP 4—OPTIONAL: Loading the 2.8X Factory Presets/Templates

IMPORTANT! The following procedure will COMPLETELY ERASE ALL OF YOUR CUSTOM PRESETS! If you want to keep them, make sure you back them up first! (See "STEP 1a—Backing Up Helix/HX Hardware" above.)

1. Turn off your Helix/HX processor.
  2. Depending on your type of Helix/HX product, follow the procedure below:
    • Helix Floor/LT—While holding footswitches 7 and 8 (two left-most switches on the bottom row), turn on Helix/Helix LT. Wait for "Will restore stock Presets and Setlists..." and let go
    • Helix Rack/Control—While holding knobs 3 and 4 below the screen, turn on Helix Rack. Wait for "Will reset Presets..." and let go
    • HX Effects—While holding footswitches 5 and 6 (middle two switches on the bottom row), turn on HX Effects. Wait for "Will reset Presets..." and let go
    • HX Stomp—While holding footswitches 1 and 2, turn on HX Stomp. Wait for "Will reset Presets..." to appear on the screen and let go
    • Helix Native—Click the gear icon in the lower left corner to open the Preferences window. From the Presets/IRs tab, click "Restore Factory Setlists"

Then this

STEP 5b—OPTIONAL: Restoring Helix Native from a Backup

If you don't currently own Helix Native, skip this step.

1. Open any instance of Helix Native within your DAW and click the gear icon in the lower left corner to open the Preferences window.
  2. From the Presets/IRs tab, click "Import Bundle."
  3. Browse to the location chosen in STEP 2 above and click "Open."

Hope this helps/make sense

BTW. The title states “Helix Native 1.8 idea”. What idea?

datacommando,

Thank you for replying!  Yes, I read those instructions (regarding Helix Native 1.8 presets).  Correct me if I'm wrong, though it is my understanding that I will lose all of my custom presets if I load all of the Helix Native 1.8 presets, yes?  So my idea was: to somehow save the new presets (whether it is all of them, or a select few) to a User folder, and not lose the custom presets I already had.  Perhaps Line 6, or some kind customer could load the unique-for-Helix-Native-1.8-presets to customtone, where I could copy them to a User folder.  Since I have yet to read the 1.8 pilot's manual, I wonder if 1.8 is affected in regard to customtone.  Thank you for the pilot's guide info!  I will check it out soon. 

On 8/16/2019 at 4:37 AM, aaron__aardvark said:

datacommando,

Thank you for replying!  Yes, I read those instructions (regarding Helix Native 1.8 presets).  Correct me if I'm wrong, though it is my understanding that I will lose all of my custom presets if I load all of the Helix Native 1.8 presets, yes?  So my idea was: to somehow save the new presets (whether it is all of them, or a select few) to a User folder, and not lose the custom presets I already had.  Perhaps Line 6, or some kind customer could load the unique-for-Helix-Native-1.8-presets to customtone, where I could copy them to a User folder.  Since I have yet to read the 1.8 pilot's manual, I wonder if 1.8 is affected in regard to customtone.  Thank you for the pilot's guide info!  I will check it out soon. 

Hey, AA,

Just to clarify, the Pilot's Guide is built in to HXN and available via the Question Mark Icon at the side of the Cog Icon. O.K.

Yes, you will lose all your custom presets if you load the new 1.8 Factory presets. So make a back up. The way to handle this is in exactly the same way as you would with HX Edit. You can export your individual presets, or as separate setlists, or as a complete bundle. Going for individual presets or setlists is probably the best option. Then you can safely load the new Factory stuff which occupy setlists 1 & 2 and the new Templates in the last setlist. You can then populate the other slots with your own creations or downloads from custom tone. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that you will like the latest Factory offerings so you can always delete them. Note: make sure that you set your preferences to save the presets with Helix compatibility, if that’s your hardware, otherwise compatibility with Stomp, or whatever. 

Regarding Line 6 Customtone, of course any patches created using the latest Firmware are not backwardly compatible with earlier versions. Therefore any preset made by HXN or a hardware Helix using 1.8 & 2.8 or higher cannot be opened on anything running 2.71 or earlier. Any patches from earlier firmware will load into the latest firmware version and be rebuilt internally to work as normal.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

P.S. All this information is available in the Helix Native Owner’s Manual/Pilot’s Guide- You may need to refer to it for clarification.