Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.81 NOT up to speed

leebee

Upgraded to 2.81 and now have corrupted setlists. Mainly last 3 in one of my setlists. Go back to 2.60 - Perfect. There is an issue when renaming presets in 2.81. Seems OK until exported and then imported. Comes in corrupted. Many emails back and forth to Line 6 support. Their only solution - Rebuild all my presets. [Yeah Sure - I have hundreds]. Back to 2.60 we go again.

Fair point. I am sceptical as it seems that there are many other problems with 2.81. However I will try it sometime, but as I have spent over 15 hours going back and forth between 2.6 and 2.8 trying various methods including bringing individual presets in, in small clumps, I will wait awhile.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

24 minutes ago, leebee said:

Fair point. I am sceptical as it seems that there are many other problems with 2.81. However I will try it sometime, but as I have spent over 15 hours going back and forth between 2.6 and 2.8 trying various methods including bringing individual presets in, in small clumps, I will wait awhile.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

There are people that certainly have problems, but the vast majority of us that didn't.  The thing is, the only ones you hear from typically are he ones that had problems.  If you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN you followed every step of the directions in order, then you probably need to look at your PC and see if there's some funny stuff going on there.  Particularly with your USB port, your Internet connection, and your user security rights.  I have two Helix floor units, one on a PC and one on a laptop, both running Windows 10, and both in perfect running order.  No problems on either of them.  I upgraded from 2.71 to 2.81 in about 30 minutes, most of which was cross-checking against the instructions to make sure I knew what to expect and followed the correct procedures.

• Like 1

Thank you for your response, however I am very competent at upgrading and it has nothing to do with that. I also can upgrade in less than 30 minutes with no apparent problems until you start delving into the presets themselves.

For example, 2.5 to 2.6 decided to swap 2 gain blocks on to off and off to on between snapshots in a preset.

I have also imported the problem setlist into my bass players Helix LT [2.81]. [I have the full Helix] Same problem.

Technical support has also had my setlist and are trying to say it is corrupted as they had exactly the same problem.

I assume they know how to upgrade!

It is perfect in 2.6 but when imported into 2.8 the last 3 presets, 32B, 32C,32D are OK apart from names slightly changing.

But when you then export this in Helix Edit 2.8 and re-import it, they go bananas.

1 hour ago, leebee said:

I am very competent at upgrading and it has nothing to do with that.

How many times have I convinced myself of that over the years only to be proven that I am not as perfect as I thought I was. 

Suggestion... keep an open mind and don't make assumptions, especially about your own abilities. 

Read the update instructions 3 times.... follow them faithfully, and throw any pre-conceived notions out the window. If you assume, you will miss an important step. GUARANTEED! 

This does not just apply to the Helix and 2.8... it applies to everything. A computer, a battery in a car, an IKEA desk, a dog, a wife, etc... etc... etc...    just sayin'

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, leebee said:

It is perfect in 2.6 but when imported into 2.8 the last 3 presets, 32B, 32C,32D are OK apart from names slightly changing.

But when you then export this in Helix Edit 2.8 and re-import it, they go bananas.

Did you restart the Helix after the update to 2.8 is complete so it could rebuild the patches as required? If not, then the patches have not been rebuilt and I would expect chaos if I tried to back it up at that point. 

3 hours ago, leebee said:

Their only solution - Rebuild all my presets. [Yeah Sure - I have hundreds].

I am pretty sure that is a misunderstanding.... the HELIX does the rebuild.... restart it and let it do it's job. 

• Like 1

We are so many that have problems with the 2.8 update! 

I got a support ticket with Line 6 and they are doing their best.

I thought I got the solution the other day with using the proper usb connection on my computer.

Thought it was the Helix Edit that was the problem but no.

But at rehearsals the other day I got problems again. Just by switch back and fouth between presets the problems occured again.

What is the safe firmware?

How do I do to go back to an earlier firmware?

I never had any problems before this update, hope for a new firmware as soon as possible!

D

Thank you all for your comments. BUT you are all assuming that I have done something wrong. I have tried every combination that people have suggested. The bottom line is that there is bugs in 2.81, whether it is in the firmware or the edit. Remember it only took a few days to release 2.81 after 2.8 as there were major problems. Line 6 has listed known bugs in 2.81. They just do not know all of them yet.

Please remember that Line 6 had the same problem with my setlist and if they are not doing it right who can we trust!

2 hours ago, leebee said:

Please remember that Line 6 had the same problem with my setlist and if they are not doing it right who can we trust!

Maybe they misread the update instructions.  :)

I'm also still having issues.  Nothing's changed in my setup apart from the update and I now get constant disconnections when altering block parameters within HX Edit.

4 hours ago, leebee said:

The bottom line is that there is bugs in 2.81, whether it is in the firmware or the edit.

Agreed. There are always bugs in software, especially in radical rewrites such as 2.8. However, what you are descibing can’t be one of them otherwise absolutely everyone would be experiencing the same thing because the bug would necessarily be built in to everyone’s download. For me, the upgrade went perfectly ... on two Helix’s. No problems at all, both during and afterwards. All of my previous v2.71 presets work fine in v2.81. HXEdit works properly, again no problems that I have noticed (and I use it every day).

Have you tried going from v2.6 to v2.71 rather than to v2.81? If so, does that work?

22 hours ago, codamedia said:

Did you restart the Helix after the update to 2.8 is complete so it could rebuild the patches as required? If not, then the patches have not been rebuilt and I would expect chaos if I tried to back it up at that point. 

I am pretty sure that is a misunderstanding.... the HELIX does the rebuild.... restart it and let it do it's job. 

When I mean Line 6 told me to rebuild the setlist, that is from scratch, not the Helix rebuild. I can see the confusion some people have had.

I am still convinced that 2.81 deals with setlists/presets differently. I have now updated to 2.71. No problems. All setlists/presets perfect.

Line 6 think I may have a corrupted setlist or corrupted presets. If this is the case, why is it only 2.81 that has the problem with them?

If anyone still thinks it is still my fault and you are the master of updates etc, I would be happy to send you my setlist, [from 2.6 or 2.71] and you can experience my issues in 2.81 as well.

Remember you must be able to import a setlist from any previous version, otherwise the whole point of saving is lost.

Before anyone jumps on this, of course I let 2.81 rebuild my presets initially on upgrade. When setlist is exported and imported in Edit 2.81 is where the fun starts!

1 hour ago, leebee said:

When I mean Line 6 told me to rebuild the setlist, that is from scratch, not the Helix rebuild. I can see the confusion some people have had.

I am still convinced that 2.81 deals with setlists/presets differently. I have now updated to 2.71. No problems. All setlists/presets perfect.

Line 6 think I may have a corrupted setlist or corrupted presets. If this is the case, why is it only 2.81 that has the problem with them?

If anyone still thinks it is still my fault and you are the master of updates etc, I would be happy to send you my setlist, [from 2.6 or 2.71] and you can experience my issues in 2.81 as well.

Remember you must be able to import a setlist from any previous version, otherwise the whole point of saving is lost.

Before anyone jumps on this, of course I let 2.81 rebuild my presets initially on upgrade. When setlist is exported and imported in Edit 2.81 is where the fun starts!

I wouldn’t mind taking a look at the setlist if you want to send it to me... Just so I understand correctly, is it only the last three presets you’re having a problem with or is it more than that?

If you’re still on 2.81, try this:

Reboot your Helix (again) holding the footswitches 7&8

Restore your global settings, IRs, presets (again) from 2.81 Editor. BUT DON’T PLAY WITH THEM YET!

Using the Helix Floor Unit, not the editor (but still hooked up to the USB), manually scroll through each preset and save every one of them via the hard save button on the machine - it’s fairly quick - as you know just punch twice and move to the next. But then again, I don’t have hundreds of them :]

Reboot and let Helix rebuild again.

After that you can run the editor as normal.

This is the only procedure I have added differing from the installation instructions since Ver 2.71. And for the basically same reason you described.

Worth a shot!

Don't know if this relates to the setlist issues I described in another thread (where people couldn't load the setlist from my multiband presets pack), but the solution was to drag the setlist from its original unzipped folder to the desktop, then import from the desktop instead of from the folder. Don't know if this is Windows only, but it allowed importing my setlists. Maybe it's a permissions issue? Anyway, Line 6 is aware of this and barring issues, I was told 1.82 / 2.82 will contain a fix for it.

21 hours ago, leebee said:

..... BUT you are all assuming that I have done something wrong. ...

Hi

i think that you (and some others) have lost track of the arguments:

'i have problems after upgrading 2.6 -> 2.81'

'maybe you should try upgrading 2.6 -> 2.71 -> 2.81'

'but i read about a lot of problems with upgrading to 2.81'

'yes, but many people are having no problems with upgrading 2.71 -> 2.81 and those who have mostley didn't follow the instructions properly'

So i would strongly suggest that you upgrade via 2.71,

- i dont think it is unlikely that skipping one version is not as well implemented/tested by line6 and therefore error prone,

- And since you are - as you state - very thorough with the upgrade process, you are very likely to not run into (the) problems (the other ran into).

:-)

What do you have to lose - except for a little time?

bye and good luck

Simon

p.s  Some problems have been reported with version 2.80 that are fixed in 2.81 and some are reported with 2.81 - but they are way fewer and minor.

And i bet 2.60 and 2.71 aren't 100% bug free ;-)

9 hours ago, leebee said:

Interesting. Annoying as hell but still interesting. I would have bet a steak dinner Line 6 would have tested this, if not on 2.80 at least on 2.81. Like you said, if it won't import set lists why save/back them up?

Hope you get 2.82 very soon and it fixes this.

I had the problem of 2.80 constantly rebuilding presets on every start-up, and I have contributed to a couple of threads about constant rebuilds and corrupted presets. I isolated the problem to "old" Factory Preset and Factory Template setlists, AND any user presets that were derived from those old Factory Presets or Factory Templates.  I don't know how old they were because, at some stage, I stopped installing the Factory Presets and Factory Templates with each successive update.  They were certainly earlier than 2.7, and leebee implies that he was still using 2.6.  Some of the presets he is using may have been created from Factory Presets or Templates earlier than that.  As far as 2.80 and 2.81 are concerned, these earlier Factory Presets and Templates are corrupt, and they will not work.  2.80 and 2.81 will try (and fail) to rebuild them on every start-up.

My solution was to get rid of the "vintage" Factory Presets and Factory Templates bu overwriting them with the new 2.80 sets.  I also had to delete the (thankfully few) user presets that were based on these old factory presets or templates.  You can isolate the problem presets by noting which ones are rebuilt on start-up.

Thanks for all the suggestions. This is a great community. I have now gone to 2.7 [Perfect] and will again try to go to 2.81 soon. The only thing I have not tried is saving all [one by one] in the Helix after rebuild.[surfsup] But I seem to remember on one of my many upgrades to 2.81 the last 3 patches were already corrupt and by saving them it crashed the Helix. gbr13697 comments are a worry though as although I have no factory presets currently in my Helix  I originally used some as starting templates. [3 years ago - 2.1] God knows which ones now.

It can get to be a mess and discouraging as hell. In fact, as much as I love the Helix, the digital quirks have caused me to think of selling it a few times.

But for now, after performing any tweaks to my presets via the Editor, especially any Snapshot changes, my last step is to bend over and tap the “save” button twice. I don’t fully trust the USB communication when it comes to “save”.

1 hour ago, surfsup1955 said:

It can get to be a mess and discouraging as hell. In fact, as much as I love the Helix, the digital quirks have caused me to think of selling it a few times.....

'You dont know how lucky you are, Boys!' ;-)

i had a tc electronics g system for a couple of years and THAT was digital guirks HELL.

Every preset backup was a 50/50 gamble of getting your presets scrambled (on the device!! And the backup files) .... from being deleted up to just lost/altered a few settings/parameters of a few presets.

;-)

4 hours ago, leebee said:

Thanks for all the suggestions. This is a great community. I have now gone to 2.7 [Perfect] and will again try to go to 2.81 soon. The only thing I have not tried is saving all [one by one] in the Helix after rebuild.[surfsup] But I seem to remember on one of my many upgrades to 2.81 the last 3 patches were already corrupt and by saving them it crashed the Helix. gbr13697 comments are a worry though as although I have no factory presets currently in my Helix  I originally used some as starting templates. [3 years ago - 2.1] God knows which ones now.

If 2.80 or 2.81 rebuilds on every start-up, it will show the numbers of the presets it is rebuilding.  They do go by pretty quickly, but they can be read.  This will give an indication of which presets are causing the problem.  There are 128 in each setlist, and they all go up sequentially from 0 to 127. 128 will be the first preset in the second setlist.  So preset 500 would be the 116th (500-128-128-128) preset in the 4th setlist, or Preset number 115 counting from 0.  I quickly found that 0-220 (Factory Presets), and another range starting 897 (Factory Templates), and a few others dotted around, were rebuilding every time I switched on.  The Factory Presets and Templates were easy enough to get rid of by backing up all the setlists, installing the 2.80 presets, and then restoring my User setlists.  This left just a few that were rebuilding each time.  Once I deleted those the problem was resolved. These were presets I had created a long time ago, and were derived from old Factory Presets or Templates, and I no longer used them.  Of course, if you have a lot of working presets derived from old Factory presets or templates, it will be rather more of a problem.

The update from 2.6 to 2.7 did not cause me any problems.  This all started with 2.80.  Presets created from scratch rebuild OK, and I assume Factory Presets from 2.7 and anything derived from 2.7 Factory Presets or Templates are OK or a lot more people would have problems.  It is just much older Factory Presets, Factory Templates, and anything created from them, that screw up.  

2 hours ago, gbr13697 said:

It is just much older Factory Presets, Factory Templates, and anything created from them, that screw up.  

Interesting analysis... but whatever it is,  I don't think it's either the old factory presets or templates themselves that are causing the problem. I don't even remember what firmware version I had when I first got my Helix, but I've still got whatever presets and templates came with it. Never touched any of them, and never bothered to load the new ones, with any of the updates I've done...so the ones I've got are well over 2 years old. I have had the occasional corrupted patch that just stopped working properly, for whatever reason... I'm guessing that's what happened in your case. You probably just had a handful that went on tilt. But in my case neither 2.8 nor  2.81 had any problem rebuilding factory patches that are older than dirt.

2 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

Interesting analysis... but whatever it is,  I don't think it's either the old factory presets or templates themselves that are causing the problem. I don't even remember what firmware version I had when I first got my Helix, but I've still got whatever presets and templates came with it. Never touched any of them, and never bothered to load the new ones, with any of the updates I've done...so the ones I've got are well over 2 years old. I have had the occasional corrupted patch that just stopped working properly, for whatever reason... I'm guessing that's what happened in your case. You probably just had a handful that went on tilt. But in my case neither 2.8 nor  2.81 had any problem rebuilding factory patches that are older than dirt.

Possibly there is something else interacting, or it was just the Factory sets that came with one particular update.  They were definitely not the ones that came with 2.7, but somewhat earlier. Certainly the repeated Rebuilds on every start-up corresponded exactly with the Factory Presets and Factory Templates that were on my system, and the few presets that I had adapted from them.  The rebuilds always included 0-220, 897 on, and a few others.  These were all Factory Presets, Factory Templates, and user presets derived from them. Once they were gone, the problem was also gone.

I was just pleased that it was none of my own carefully constructed presets that were causing it - they were all fine.

On 8/15/2019 at 5:44 PM, leebee said:

Thank you for your response, however I am very competent at upgrading and it has nothing to do with that. I also can upgrade in less than 30 minutes with no apparent problems until you start delving into the presets themselves.

For example, 2.5 to 2.6 decided to swap 2 gain blocks on to off and off to on between snapshots in a preset.

I have also imported the problem setlist into my bass players Helix LT [2.81]. [I have the full Helix] Same problem.

Technical support has also had my setlist and are trying to say it is corrupted as they had exactly the same problem.

I assume they know how to upgrade!

It is possible you could be hitting a bug with certain presets but I wanted to throw this out there in case it helps. It was unclear to me from this post whether you loaded presets backed up with your prior version of HX Edit and firmware, e.g. 2.6, or if you made backups with 2.8 and reloaded them? Which version of HX Edit backups did you import after you upgraded to 2.81; your backups from 2.6 or 2.8?

My suggestion if you have not tried this particular combination yet is:

1. Make sure your Helix has been restarted since you last loaded any presets. Create backups with your current 2.6 firmware. Also backup the setlists individually. You can also individually export all the presets in a setlist at one time by highlighting them and hitting the 'Export' link.
  2. Download 2.81 and install everything.
  3. Run the Updater and update the firmware to 2.81
  4. Run the global reset to load the latest and greatest Factory and Template setlists(will also clear your user presets).
  5. Load your setlists individually from your 'HX Edit'/firmware version 2.6 backups. Note: You can restore all your user setlists at once from the restore backup menu by expanding the setlists in the HX Edit restore screen. Uncheck the Factory and Template setlists so you don't overwrite them with the ones from your prior 2.6 firmware.
  6. Restart the Helix and let your presets rebuild.

Not sure if its similarly related...But since the 2.8/2.8.1 update (everything 'known bug' went fine for me btw), i've decided to redo my templates and core presets.  I deleted and reimported my IR's to clean up the ones I dont use, and the IR files now do not sound hte same as they did before.  They were purchased via the l6 online store (Ownhammer Freidman pack).  I've tested A&C block vs Amp/Cab blocks vs Amp/IR block....and the stock cabs are fine, but anything imported (3Sigma guitar IR's as well) sound not right when dropped in my preset.  

I'm going to try CraigAndertons approach of dropping them on the desktop then dragging over....however I store my IRs in a special L6 folder for easy remembering on my end, and have tried dragging/dropping as well as using the 'import' button in HX Edit.  

Not sure if its the same or if its a different issue on L6 end or my end.

One last note, anyone know what the little guitar pick symbol means next to the IR file name in HX Edit?  Its only on my actual CAB IRs not the 3 Sigma ones....

5 minutes ago, themetallikid said:

One last note, anyone know what the little guitar pick symbol means next to the IR file name in HX Edit?  Its only on my actual CAB IRs not the 3 Sigma ones....

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that icon indicates 'assets' purchased from the Helix Marketplace - whether presets or IRs. Did you purchase the 3 Sigma ones from the Marketplace or were they purchased (or free) before the Marketplace existed?

I backed up my presets but I didnt have to reload them they were there after all of my updates.I only used my back up when I cleared the helix and used the new presets that was when I didnt have my backups and I loaded them back up.Maybe people might be loading them twice,maybe people hit that last continue button before letting the helix restart and reload everything.I dont know I updated the line 6 update I had the helix off when I updated HX edit I shut hx edit off completely I did say yes again to all of the drivers it wanted me to install.I turned on my helix signed on to updater and it did eveything in 5 mins.It kept all of my presets but like I mentioned earlier I wanted the new presets so I rebooted helix it erased everything I had gave me new presets then I loaded my backups.I never got the keyboad message on my computer about the helix being a new qwerty keyboard but everything is fine.I hope you guys can get it back to factory and load what you need.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:12 AM, phil_m said:

I wouldn’t mind taking a look at the setlist if you want to send it to me... Just so I understand correctly, is it only the last three presets you’re having a problem with or is it more than that?

Latest!

Have now tried 4 more upgrades to 2.81 from 2.71. [15 upgrades tried with 2.60 to 2.81]

I have tried all methods suggested, whether individual presets imported in to saving all manually on Helix before import and a lot more of my own methods.

Regardless this is the problem:

1. When the presets rebuild in 2.81 on the Helix they are fine.

2. When you export setlist in Edit 2.81 they are fine.

3. When you import setlist into 2.81 the last 3 presets 32B, 32C, and 32D go weird. [These are the ones I know of.]

Sometimes you can rename them, sometimes it crashes the Helix.

4. The setlist bank also becomes corrupted for any other setlist import.

5. Whether setlists from 2.60, 2.71, or 2.81 before and after rebuild the imported setlist in 2.81 corrupts.

Conclusion:

1.Helix Edit is the problem in its exporting algorithm!

or

2. My setlist is corrupted, which begs the question -  WHY it is perfect in all other versions prior to 2.80/2.81 and surely you must be able to pull in previous version setlists anyway!

I will try and  upload  4 setlists. These are slightly different on the last 3 presets as I have experimented with them, but they all have the same problem.

If anyone who thinks they have an answer or still thinks I am doing something wrong and wants to try these, feel free.

Some of the presets use IR's, but this will not affect the import.

PS Note the difference in kb between 2.71 and 2.81 rebuilt, increase but no change to presets

WARNING. If anyone does try these, make sure YOU back up everything first, as in 2.81 it can effect your Helix.

Keep the presets if you wish, but be aware, there MAY be a corrupted preset and it may not be in the last 3!

Files:

Solo 1 2.60.  Exported in Edit 2.6

Solo 1 2.71.  Exported in Edit 2.71

Solo 1- 2.81 rebuilt.   Upgrade from 2.71  - Helix rebuild - open Edit 2.81 - exported.

Solo 1 - 2.81 imported.  Shut down Helix - Start Helix - open Edit 2.81 - imported - exported

Edited by leebee
Removed as there may be some bought presets in there

19 minutes ago, leebee said:

Have now tried 4 more upgrades to 2.81 from 2.71. [15 upgrades tried with 2.60 to 2.81]

I applaud your tenacity, but I'm not sure what you think you're going to accomplish by repeatedly manipulating the firmware. The more you screw around with everything, the greater the likelihood that you'll introduce some other problem... sometimes patches get corrupted, it happens. If you've managed to figure out which ones, just get rid of them and let it go. Either way, I don't think you're gonna get any volunteers to load up the same patches that you've decided are torpedoing your hardware...

19 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

I applaud your tenacity, but I'm not sure what you think you're going to accomplish by repeatedly manipulating the firmware. The more you screw around with everything, the greater the likelihood that you'll introduce some other problem... sometimes patches get corrupted, it happens. If you've managed to figure out which ones, just get rid of them and let it go. Either way, I don't think you're gonna get any volunteers to load up the same patches that you've decided are torpedoing your hardware...

Tenacity, possibly - but was asked for files..

Frustration, Yes. I like to know what's going on in order to trust the Helix in a Live environment.

I have 125 presets in this setlist and I wish I knew which ones were causing the problem.

It is not the last 3, they are just the ones affected in import/export

If you know how to isolate which ones, please enlighten me.

This is not manipulating firmware, just up or down grading versions.

When more people start finding this problem [which I am convinced they will] maybe Line 6 will address it.

2 minutes ago, leebee said:

Frustration, Yes. I like to know what's going on in order to trust the Helix in a Live environment.

I have 125 presets in this setlist and I wish I knew which ones were causing the problem.

When more people start finding this problem [which I am convinced they will] maybe Line 6 will address it.

PS. I am still convinced it is 2.81 Edit and not the hardware!

1 hour ago, leebee said:

Well there's little point in having a semantic argument about it, but you are changing things back and forth repeatedly... that's manipulation, any way you slice it.

1 hour ago, leebee said:

The underlying assumption is that the problem is related to a handful of corrupt patches that currently exist only on YOUR hardware. If that's the case, then unfortunately there's nothing for anyone else in the universe to address except you. You're asking people with no issues to voluntarily introduce a problem and screw up their units. Nobody sane is going to do that.

I appreciate that you're having problems, and you have my sympathy... but you're spinning your wheels here. You could spend the rest of your life poking the bear and testing assumptions, and still never figure it out. Open a sport ticket and see if the tech guys can help you... that's what they're there for. L6 might want your corrupt patches to experiment with... but I seriously doubt your gonna find any other takers.

1 hour ago, leebee said:

Short of exporting the 125 presets individually from 2.71 then importing them one by one into the 2.81 environment, I'm not sure there's any way to identify which ones are problematic.  By the way, importing 2.71 presets into 2.81 is not a problem.  I've done that quite a bit testing my 2.18 Helix configuration.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:50 AM, themetallikid said:

Not sure if its similarly related...But since the 2.8/2.8.1 update (everything 'known bug' went fine for me btw), i've decided to redo my templates and core presets.  I deleted and reimported my IR's to clean up the ones I dont use, and the IR files now do not sound hte same as they did before.  They were purchased via the l6 online store (Ownhammer Freidman pack).  I've tested A&C block vs Amp/Cab blocks vs Amp/IR block....and the stock cabs are fine, but anything imported (3Sigma guitar IR's as well) sound not right when dropped in my preset.  

I'm going to try CraigAndertons approach of dropping them on the desktop then dragging over....however I store my IRs in a special L6 folder for easy remembering on my end, and have tried dragging/dropping as well as using the 'import' button in HX Edit.  

Not sure if its the same or if its a different issue on L6 end or my end.

Not sure why, but if anyone was/is having issues with IR's I tried all the ways of getting IR's in to HX Edit (drag/drop vs. import using L6 folder/desktop) and they now they seem to be working.  At least the 2 files I reimported....so not sure if something happened while reorganizing them in the IR queue or during the drag drop portion....but at least I don't have to re'cab/tweak my 90 presets for this weekend  as much.  Just find the cab combo I had before and reattach the appropriate slot.

14 hours ago, leebee said:

Looks like I am not the only one with this problem!!

Exactly the same but only on last 3 presets in 1 of my setlists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5GMVRPwqkI

DAMNN!!!

That looks really f...-ed up. :-O :-O :-O

I have no idea what the cause might be.

I think you should contact line6 support.

Wishing you good luck!!