Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.81 NOT up to speed

leebee

17 hours ago, leebee said:

Looks like I am not the only one with this problem!!

Exactly the same but only on last 3 presets in 1 of my setlists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5GMVRPwqkI

I have left the following comment for the YouTuber - might be useful for others (assuming it works!)

You obviously have some corrupted presets, and it is hard to tell how it might affect the setlists in which they reside. There is nothing to be gained by leaving them in place, and you need to get rid of them. My advice would be to export ONLY the presets you want to keep. Highlight them by selecting the first in a run, the hold down Shift whilst selecting the last. Then click on Export at the top of the setlist, and save them in a safe place with a filename that will identify them. Repeat the process for other blocks of presets that you want to keep in that setlist, and for other setlists. Make sure you exclude any of the corrupted presets and, to be on the safe side, exclude blank "New Presets". Once you are confident that you have everything you need backed up, install the new 2.8 Factory Presets and Templates. This will overwrite everything, and Helix will Rebuild all presets when it restarts. You can then Import all your saved presets into setlists and positions where you want them, and re-evaluate whether there are still any problems with your Helix.

On 8/18/2019 at 12:51 PM, leebee said:

It is not the last 3, they are just the ones affected in import/export

If you know how to isolate which ones, please enlighten me.

As a programmer by trade.... the reported error usually suggests a line that has no issues at all, what is directly before that line is the problem.

In other words... if the last three presets are scrambled, look closely at the 4th last preset.

This is what I would try....

• Reload the original setlist from 2.6
  • Let the Helix rebuild the presets
  • export the last 5 presets separately... while they appear to be in working order.
  • Remove the 4th last one from the Helix (or copy a blank preset over it)
  • NOW try and export / import the setlist and see what happens. 

You now have the last 5 presets (individually wrapped) that you can load individually which may help you isolate the problem.

Hmmm

As a programmer myself i am not at all calmed down by the explanation of corrupt presets. User data (as presets are) should NEVER disturb system integrity (starting with UI up until crashing the whole system).

....it even shouldnt effect other user data (other presets).

E.g. your PC shouldnt crash because of orthographic errors in a single word document.

Again, Thanks for above 3 responses. However all of this has been tried. Including importing one preset at a time, checking etc.

Very time consuming and to no avail.

Gone back to 2.71 and everything perfect again, including preset knob which was also not working properly in 2.81.

I hope time will tell and prove that it is Helix Edit 2.81that is causing the problem!

7 minutes ago, leebee said:

Again, Thanks for above 3 responses. However all of this has been tried. Including importing one preset at a time, checking etc.

Gone back to 2.71 and everything perfect again, including preset knob which was also not working properly in 2.81.

I hope time will tell and prove that it is Helix Edit 2.81that is causing the problem!

I don't know how hopeful I'd be about that... It might just be that these handful of presets are DOA. Have you considered deleting those three or four presets before updating? You could export them before doing that of course. It might at least tell you if those presets are actually causing the issue.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phil_m said:

I don't know how hopeful I'd be about that... It might just be that these handful of presets are DOA. Have you considered deleting those three or four presets before updating? You could export them before doing that of course. It might at least tell you if those presets are actually causing the issue.

Hi Phil M. Have tried everything mentioned in all posts and many other methods. You mentioned in a previous post you would like a look at the setlist. It that still the case?

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2019 at 2:43 PM, leebee said:

2.82 UP to speed.

Updated to 2.82. [From 2.71] No problems with setlists, presets or toggle switch.

Feel vindicated that 2.80 & 2.81 was the problem, as I predicted, and not anything I was doing wrong.

Well done Line 6 for addressing these problems even though they did not disclose they were major bugs!

• Like 1