Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Review of the Kemper Stage

dannepop

32 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Not sure what the point of this post is, but I his later video, Chris isn’t necessarily what I’d call happy with the Kemper...

I don't care about this video or comparrision, but I'd like to just add that the EVH striped Helix cover is really cool!

• Like 1

Kemper amp tones sound amazing, so do the verbs and delays. The UI is 15 years behind, and the fixed FX blocks plus limited FX numbers make me not want to do use one, just because I'd need a whole pedalboard anyways. That and the whole "we nailed it and we don't need new hardware, or an official editor, so we're just gonna keep pumping out the same hardware/software forever" mindset is the opposite of what I look for in an instrument/music tech company. If this came out at $750 (which would be a totally reasonable price) I might check one out, but at the same price as the Helix, it doesn't even compute for me. That and the idea that the Stage is less than just the toaster, even though its the exact some functionality as the Toaster+Controller (and no expression pedal....ok) makes it make even less sense in my brain.

59 minutes ago, gunpointmetal said:

Kemper amp tones sound amazing, so do the verbs and delays. The UI is 15 years behind, and the fixed FX blocks plus limited FX numbers make me not want to do use one, just because I'd need a whole pedalboard anyways. That and the whole "we nailed it and we don't need new hardware, or an official editor, so we're just gonna keep pumping out the same hardware/software forever" mindset is the opposite of what I look for in an instrument/music tech company. If this came out at $750 (which would be a totally reasonable price) I might check one out, but at the same price as the Helix, it doesn't even compute for me. That and the idea that the Stage is less than just the toaster, even though its the exact some functionality as the Toaster+Controller (and no expression pedal....ok) makes it make even less sense in my brain.

Yeah, I don't get it. Everything about the hardware screams "old". I can't actually make out "NCC-1701" anywhere, but it would have fit right in on the bridge of the original Enterprise...;)

Come to think of it... Shatner is a hilarious pitchman. The folks at Kemper should look into that, lol... it would be the best music gear ad campaign, ever. ;)

• Haha 1

Hes right imo about Zakk / Van Halen - not feeling it out of a helix - thats what I've been chasing - will keep helix for all other stuff but have a Boss DR-880 on the way for that kick azz tone I'm looking for after hearing Liquid Charlies videos - need to give that a go