Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume knob not working after updating to 2.81

Moon_Raven

Did you restore from backup after doing the update? If not your Global Settings would have been lost.

Go to Global Settings>Ins/Outs>Volume Knob Controls and see what that's set to. It sounds like it's not set to control whatever outputs you're using.

2 minutes ago, Moon_Raven said:

I did not, since I figured I don't need the 2.80 factory presets/templates, so I skipped the step 4 from the update instructions. I proceeded to restore the presets from my 2.71 backup. Is it safe to try the FS6 & FS8 reset now?

It's FS7 & FS8, but yes, it's safe, and that's what I'd recommend doing. Just restore from backup again after doing the reset.

5 minutes ago, Moon_Raven said:

I did the FS7 & FS8 reset (without restoring my backup presets yet) and the volume knob is still not working, and the global settings are still freezing the whole unit.

Well, I guess I'd try reflashing the firmware then. If you're still having issues, I'd suggest opening a support ticket.

Just now, Moon_Raven said:

I will try it now. If it does not work, can I downgrade to a previous version that worked for me?

Yes, you can rollback... It would still useful to CS if you opened a ticket to report what you're experiencing, though. I don't recall seeing other reports similar to what you're experiencing.

20 hours ago, Moon_Raven said:

I have updated Helix Floor from 2.71 to 2.81, and the large volume knob does not work anymore. It is just 'stuck' at quite a high volume and turning it does nothing. What can I do to fix this?

Are you using headphones?

I mostly play by using headphones connected to the Helix and noticed that the volume knob doesn't affect output volume after updating to 2.81, as it did in 2.71

The volume knob does work ok if I connect the Helix to an amp.