Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ext Amp Switching

DBCrocky

1 hour ago, DBCrocky said:

So the external Amp switching gives you the options of

Tip

Ring

Tip and Ring

But what if I need neither the tip nor the ring on?

Please describe the circumstances in which this would be the case?

I am using The Sherrif tube preamp pedal on a Helix Fx loop.  It has a stereo plug for external control.  The tip is bypass, open is no bypass, closed is bypass.  The ring is channel, open is clean, closed is dirty.  In order to set the pedal to clean/no bypass, I need both tip and ring to be open.

I have seen amps, Bugera comes to mind, where they have, for instance, Channel on Tip and Reverb on Ring.  I would presume you would want to be able to have all four variations (ch1dry, ch1verb, ch2dry, ch2verb) not just three of them.

Yeah, sorry, but BS.  You basically have two connections that can be open or closed.  That’s only four ways to possibly set it, but Line6 decided to only allow three of them?  This was some bungling middle manager who does not understand tech at all and thought this would be ‘easier’.  My Behringer FCB 1010 has better ext amp switching control.  Lame.  

Anyways, in my case I can use a mono cable plugged into the Helix as normal and plugged into my pedal halfway so the cable tip connects to the jack ring, and the jack tip is left unconnected, so luckily I don’t need another device to setup and supply power to.