Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT and PC no longer speaking

TimCooper

I successfully (I think) managed to update my Helix LT few days ago. I didn't go to 2.80 but waited to go straight to 2.81 from 2.71. It all went smoothly, I now have a working Helix with 2.81.0 firmware, and my PC has HX Edit 2.81 installed along with Line 6 Updater 1.18. 

After the update I didn't actually do anything with HX Edit so I don't know if it was working at that time, but now it is not. 

In between my PC has updated Windows 10 which may be the issue! Neither HX Edit nor Line 6 Updater are seeing the Helix, just saying 'no device connected'. I have gone into Windows settings and looked at devices and the Helix is there, but it says 'Driver is unavailable' I have downloaded and installed the most recent USB driver, v1.91 but this hasn't changed anything. I have also tried different USB cables and also removed the Helix from Windows and reinstalled. It made hopeful noises, and gave messages telling me it was installed, but still the Driver unavailable message persists.

I'm stumped, any help would be very much appreciated.

My guess is this is the same situation i ran into when I tried to connect HX Edit 2.70 to a 2.80 updated Helix unit.  When I investigated the Helix USB device driver in the Windows device manager it had an error which stated it was unable to run.  Switched the Helix unit back to the previous one with 2.70 and HXEdit and the device driver worked fine.

1 hour ago, DunedinDragon said:

My guess is this is the same situation i ran into when I tried to connect HX Edit 2.70 to a 2.80 updated Helix unit.  When I investigated the Helix USB device driver in the Windows device manager it had an error which stated it was unable to run.  Switched the Helix unit back to the previous one with 2.70 and HXEdit and the device driver worked fine.

Sorry if I misunderstood something. But Helix Edit 2.7 and the included USB driver does not work with 2.8 Firmware. Why didn't you install HX Edit 2.8???

6 hours ago, silverhead said:

I believe he re-installed just the driver from the v2.70 HX Edit installer package. I think he is running Helix firmware v2.8, HX Edit v2.8, and the driver from the v2.7 package.

Sorry for the confusion.  I have two Helix floor units.  I upgraded one from my desktop computer to use for testing, the other one which I use for live performances wasn't upgraded and is attached to my laptop using 2.7.  I decided to take my 2.8 upgraded Helix floor over to my laptop to do some testing with my live presets.  That's when I discovered the incompatibility with the older driver.