Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit "No Connection" error

TimSweeney

So...I updated my HX Edit and my Helix LT to 2.80, and everything was good. Then I updated the HX Edit to 2.81. When I attempted to update my Helix LT to 2.81, the HX Edit showed me a "No Connection" error. The same error occurred with the Line 6 Updater. Really weird. I've since uninstalled and reinstalled both the Line 6 Updater and HX Edit, but I'm still experiencing the "No Correction" error. Any insights? I've googled it, but no answers. I also have a Tech Support ticket in with Line 6, but I won't hear back from them until probably Tuesday.

Thanks everybody... 

11 minutes ago, TimSweeney said:

So...I updated my HX Edit and my Helix LT to 2.80, and everything was good. Then I updated the HX Edit to 2.81. When I attempted to update my Helix LT to 2.81, the HX Edit showed me a "No Connection" error. The same error occurred with the Line 6 Updater. Really weird. I've since uninstalled and reinstalled both the Line 6 Updater and HX Edit, but I'm still experiencing the "No Correction" error. Any insights? I've googled it, but no answers. I also have a Tech Support ticket in with Line 6, but I won't hear back from them until probably Tuesday.

Thanks everybody... 

Hi,

Your description is a little unclear, but if you have updated to v2.81 HX Edit you will have difficulties if it is still open when you try to run the Line 6 Updater. You must ensure that HX Edit is closed before trying to connect, in fact, try not to have anything open that may interfere with the update process.

Other than that, important stuff to mention when asking for assistance is what computer and OS you’re using.

Hope this helps / makes sense.

Gotcha Datacommando,

operating a PC with Windows 10 (fully updated). I've tried opening HX Edit before and after my Helix LT is running....same result. I have a feeling it may take a tech support guy running Teamviewer to remotely access my PC. 

L6-1(1).jpg

Sometimes USB connections are a strange thing. Tried switching the port?

I can recommend the tool USBdeview. You can view the status of the drivers.

When the Helix is connected, it should look like this:

connect.thumb.jpg.8a9daed39ee71320dedffae24173f232.jpg

If not, you can try to manually enable the device.

edit2.thumb.jpg.56fdb2bcc97443704bde2c1e0a09a7c9.jpg

If that does not work, I would uninstall all Helix software again(make sure the Helix is not connected and all audio/line6 software is closed).

Then use the USBdeview to check, if Helix drivers are still installed. If so, you can uninstall it with this tool. I would also remove drivers from unneeded USB sticks and hard drives (too many different device drivers for a USB port can cause connection problems).

Reboot the pc and install HXedit2.81 again.

...I don't know, if this solve your problem, but it has often helped me with USB connection problems.

9 hours ago, TimSweeney said:

operating a PC with Windows 10 (fully updated).

Hi Tim,

Now I know you’re running Widows 10, my suspicions are it is possibly the drivers. There are many comments on this forum about the drivers getting screwed up with the 2.80/2.81 firmware installation. IIRC, it’s possible to run the Line 6 HX Edit installer and just install the required drivers.

Also, as suggested by “Peter” in the post above, try another USB port - preferably one on the rear of the computer as the ones on the front act like a hub and that’s frowned upon. USB it notoriously flakey and using a different cable and port can produce the required voodoo.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Hi Peter (Iknowathingortwo)

I used USBdeview, and I saw the driver for my Helix LT (without plugging in or running any Line 6 software/hardware). However, I did not see the drivers for The HX Edit or the Line 6 Updater. I'm thinking that I should uninstall and reinstall (a 2nd time) those items. Sound like a plan?

I'm off to work. Thank for your help Peter and Datacommando.

I think, the Helix LT driver you saw, is the only one you need. (I had another Line6 Helix driver in the list, but I can disable it and the connection still works.)

What happens, if you connect the Helix and turn it on? Does it show "connected"? Maybe you can enable it (rightklick)?

If this does not work, I would unplug the Helix, uninstall the driver with USBdeview.

Then start the HXEdit installer again and just install the drivers, as suggested by datacommando.