Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hello,

Can anyone suggest me a suitable neck replacement for my JTV 89? I would prefer a slim and quick neck but as a hobby player without much technical knowledge, I don`t know where to start searching and if what I find would be applyable. Well, I had once a slim-D necked BC Rich Warlock in my hands, that was the neck that felt good xD. Is there anything close to that shape that could fit the JTV 89?

Thank you for reading

Hello,

Can anyone suggest me a suitable neck replacement for my JTV 89? I would prefer a slim and quick neck but as a hobby player without much technical knowledge, I don`t know where to start searching and if what I find would be applyable. Well, I had once a slim-D necked BC Rich Warlock in my hands, that was the neck that felt good xD. Is there anything close to that shape that could fit the JTV 89?

Thank you for reading

I doubt there is another 24 fret neck that will retrofit it, expecially matching the attaching screw holes on the back.  You would probably be better off bringing it to a competent luthier and have them "shave" some wood off the back of the 89 neck.

• Upvote 1

I doubt there is another 24 fret neck that will retrofit it, expecially matching the attaching screw holes on the back.  You would probably be better off bringing it to a competent luthier and have them "shave" some wood off the back of the 89 neck.

Thank you for the advice. I asked a technician exactly that, but the answer was better not risk it, because the neck will sooner or later suffer from the material lost... I am not competent to judge whether this would really happen, but it`s true that I`m afraid it COULD. I have heard though about changing the neck, so I hope someone could help me on that.