Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp with Expression Pedal - Issues setting up

guitarbloke1980

I’ve been trying to set up my Dunlop Volume X pedal with my HX Stomp as an expression pedal (I’m using a TRS cable).

However, then I push the pedal forward, all that happens is The Stomp says “EXP1 active”.  When I push it back, it activates EXP2.

No sound comes through at all, although I do get some hiss when I push it forward if there is a wah enabled on the current snapshot.

The pedal works fine on it’s own and works perfectly as a volume control.

There are some settings which I’ll admit I don’t really understand in the global section to do with polarity etc – but I have no idea what combination of settings I need to use to get this going.  I spent a while last night messing with various combinations and couldn’t get it working.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

That means you have the expression pedal set to switch between expression 1 and 2. I don't have my Stomp by Mr right now, but it's a global setting.

Do you actually have an expression pedal with a footswitch? Because if it's just a regular expression pedal, no toe switch, try a TS cable first.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

That means you have the expression pedal set to switch between expression 1 and 2. I don't have my Stomp by Mr right now, but it's a global setting.

Do you actually have an expression pedal with a footswitch? Because if it's just a regular expression pedal, no toe switch, try a TS cable first.

Thanks Kilrahi,

The pedal doesn't have a toe switch, I'll give it a go tonight with a regular patch lead and see if it helps!