Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.81 update done - now my Helix LT is PISSED!!

Brizzy2013

HELP!!!! Gigging musician, and can't afford to have my rig down for any amount of time. OK, did the 2.81 update - which SUCKED!! Locked up my Helix, got the boot error message, and took me an ENTIRE DAY to get it sorted, and now, after a HUGE headache, is back up and running. BUT...........there are problems with the actual update now that are affecting me. When I switch patches, there is a HUGE latency issue, AND I'm having MASSIVE volume drops as well. When I switch patches, randomly some patches are 25%-50% quieter than they should be. If I exit out of the patch and go back to it, usually it comes back at the normal volume, or even clicking the stomp switch again does the trick. Problem is, having to go in and out of patches 2-3 times every single patch switch just isn't gonna cut it. LOVE the Helix (sound wise), but come the f**k on Lie 6, there are a TON of software issues with this thing, and we're YEARS past the release here now. The people are speaking up, time to listen maybe....? Someone, ANYONE - PLEASE HELP!!!! Can't find any info on how to fix the issue or rollback the firmware to before it was all effed up.

Did you try to reset the Helix?

https://line6.com/support/page/kb/effects-controllers/helix/helixrackltfxstomp-reset-procedures-and-troubleshooting-tricks-r768/

Then load your backup (I hope you made one before the update).

Reboot the Helix and let it rebuild the presets. Maybe this could fix your problems.

58 minutes ago, Brizzy2013 said:

When I switch patches, randomly some patches are 25%-50% quieter than they should be. If I exit out of the patch and go back to it, usually it comes back at the normal volume, or even clicking the stomp switch again does the trick. Problem is, having to go in and out of patches 2-3 times every single patch switch just isn't gonna cut it.

Do you use the LA Studio Comp on any of your patches? 

If so, this is a known issue that is noted appropriately with the update. When I read the update notes for 2.81 and realized this problem existed I decided to delay my update since I am in the middle of a busy schedule.  

1 hour ago, Brizzy2013 said:

Can't find any info on how to fix the issue or rollback the firmware to before it was all effed up.

Rolling back is no different than doing an update. Just select the firmware version you want from the list in L6 Updater, and install it... they're all there.

Do you have the LA Studio compressor after the amp and cab blocks on any of the patches that are randomly quieter.  If so, you will have to turn off the compressor until Line 6 fixes the issue with that compressor.  You may have to add a gain block to match any volume difference the compressor was making.

17 hours ago, vstrattomusic said:

LT 2.80 here, why would I switch to 2.81 or 2.81.1?

Because they contain bug fixes. If none of the known issues have affected you however, then don't bother. Your choice...

Jeez what is going on first there was an update for HX Stomp only, then all of them, then another just for the LT? Weren't they all supposed to be in the same ecosystem running the same firmware??

I've been waiting on something...hell, anything...to turn out perfect for 47 years, now. Let's all meet back here at half-past impossible, and see if it's happened yet. ;)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1