Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500x No Longer Recognized By Os

fatgonzo

Hello there. I originally replied to another thread that sounded like the same problem but now I'm thinking this may be something entirely different. I've only had my POD HD500X for a couple of months and now it's identifying itself as "USB\UNKNOWN" meaning there is no communication between the POD and the computer. I've checked on 3 different PCs so far and the POD is identified as an unknown USB controller on each one. I've tried removing all USB hubs even though it was never connected through one, I've reset the settings (start up holding left arrow) and pretty much everything I can think of. Windows just says that a USB device has malfunctioned and is no longer recognized, and then it installs a driver for a USB controller instead of the driver for the POD. This also means that I can't manually choose any kind of audio driver since Win7 only offers drivers from the USB controller category and pointing towards the .inf file does not work. I'm fresh out of ideas and thinking that something has gone wrong inside the POD, like a corrupt flash ROM or something.

Has anyone come across this before and managed to repair it without having to return their POD HD? I don't know what to do here.

Sounds like you've already done some good troubleshooting and eliminated the usual suspects. There may indeed be a hardware problem with your Pod. Since it's the HD500x it is certainly still under warranty. I would open a support ticket to work directly with Line 6 to get it repaired, or otherwise restored to working order.

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

One thing you didn't mention - have you run Line 6 Monkey to guide you through the download and installation of the Line 6 usb driver?

Yes, actually that was when I noticed the problem. I meant to upgrade my firmware today using Monkey but this happened before I could get started. The POD is showing flash v1.1 and USB FW v0.0, although I have seen people inquiring about seeing version 0 even though they are suffering no problems.