Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DrBob777

New Helix LT just got it August '19. It has Version 3.0

Recommended Posts

So I am old school (DrBob737) and have been using a Line 6 XT Live for the past ten years. I decided to update and just received the new Helix LT. On powering it up I see it has Version 3.0 so just confirming I don't need to update yet but I might be the guinea pig that needs to run this baby through its paces?

 

Any advise team?

 

Correction put my glasses on. On bootup screen shows Firmware 2.30.0.  so I guess this is really old stock. So can I upgrade from 2.30 to 2.8.1 in one go? An answer from preferably non-lollipops would be appreciated

IMG_0705.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no version 3.00 yet, so I’d double check what firmware you’re actually seeing. 1.81.1 is the latest firmware version for the LT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DrBob777 said:

On powering it up I see it has Version 3.0 so just confirming I don't need to update yet but I might be the guinea pig that needs to run this baby through its paces?

 

Please take a picture of that and post it :)   (photoshop not allowed)

Until then, it did not happen - LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This'll be good....

 

Maybe he's in the wrong forum...what's the over/under on the OP having purchased a Whirlpool dishwasher that just happens to be called the "Helix LT 3.0"?

 

Either that, or Dr Bob is from the future...in which case, I'd like to ask for some stock tips.  ;)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A package from the future. ...time travel, maybe a new feature in 3.0?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Peter said:

A package from the future. ...time travel, maybe a new feature in 3.0?

 

Here's the thing though...3.0 can't be that far off. Just for the sake of argument, let's say it's a year out from now. What's the point of traveling back such a short period of time? I don't know about anybody else, but I'm not exactly salivating at the chance to relive last summer. I might go check out the Battle of Waterloo, or watch the aliens build the pyramids... hell, if you're gonna time travel, may as well go see something worth looking at. ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

 

Here's the thing though...3.0 can't be that far off. Just for the sake of argument, let's say it's a year out from now. What's the point of traveling back such a short period of time? I don't know about anybody else, but I'm not exactly salivating at the chance to relive last summer. I might go check out the Battle of Waterloo, or watch the aliens build the pyramids... hell, if you're gonna time travel, may as well go see something worth looking at. ;)

 

another bug in 3.0  ;)

...Waterloo and aliens in 3.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The signs are all there.

 

1) The number 777 in the OP's name is a number only used by higher spiritual beings (including time travelers):

https://willowsoul.com/blogs/numbers/3-reasons-why-you-are-seeing-777-the-meaning-of-777

 

2) Wikipedia reveals that Dr. Bob is a close friend of Dr. Emmett Brown, inventor of the flux capacitor and DeLorean time machine. He also co-founded Alcoholics Anonymous with Bill Wilson (who later discovered dilithium crystals).

 

3) The Whirlpool dishwasher mentioned here (PN 85793) does indeed include amp modeling (as well as flux capacitance).

 

4) Dr. Bob's clever use of the word clues "I am old school (DrBob737)" and "for the past 10 years" which implies he has time-hopped between (at least) a 10- and 40-year span.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peter said:

 

another bug in 3.0  ;)

...Waterloo and aliens in 3.1

 

You know what would really suck? A bug that opens a wormhole which keeps dumping you back 8 months into the middle of downtown Cleveland...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, soundog said:

He also co-founded Alcoholics Anonymous with Bill Wilson (who later discovered dilithium crystals).

 

 

Wasn't that Ephraim Cochran? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...yes, same person! Compare their photos. I am guessing Ephraim went back in time after creating warp drive — to co-found AA.

 

 

guys.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

 

You know what would really suck? A bug that opens a wormhole which keeps dumping you back 8 months into the middle of downtown Cleveland...

Yeah, but I WORK in downtown Cleveland 5 days a week, it just feels like 8 months every day :-)

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Security breach, there's a beta tester missing an LT.  Activate the tracker. Scramble the team.

 

We're going to need a full listing of the models, effects, and available global settings to confirm your version :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's not a Leslie effect, it is the sound of approaching black helicopters - from the future... ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 9:16 AM, DrBob777 said:

 

 So can I upgrade from 2.30 to 2.8.1 in one go? An answer from preferably non-lollipops would be appreciated

 

 

Yes you can. Do a backup in HXEdit 2.3. Close all line6 software, turn off or disconnect the Helix.

Then download/install HX EDit 2.81(all you need is included).

Read the update instructions, turn on/connect the Helix and start the Line 6 updater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if 3.0 has the editor? 

 

; P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. Upgraded to 2.8.1 brings back memories of old Line 6 XT live. 

Manuals still hard to read. Ugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×