Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't update Spider V 30 with SpiderRemote app

gwopponz

Trying to update my new (to me) Spider V 30 to the latest software. Current software is 0.05.0a - I think this might be an ex display model or something?

Anyway, I can connect the phone alright - the app prompts me to update. Once I try to update I get an error message that says 'Device Update Failed:('

I can't seem to get it past this? The Line6 help page says that I need to press both the amp+FX buttons to get the amp into update mode, but I can't seem to get this to work. Doesn't matter how long I hold those buttons down for, it doesn't go into any update mode.

Anyone else experienced anything like this? Is updating via PC any more reliable than via the IOS app?

Hi gwopponz, 

The firmware installed on your unit is from Spider V's very first release, which is most likely the reason of the update issue. 

I recommend updating your Spider V to the latest firmware with a computer via USB. 

To do this, download the Line 6 updater from here: https://line6.com/software/ and connect your Spider V via USB. 

Download the latest firmware: 2.00.0

Feel free to respond with any questions you may have, thank you!

• 3 years later...

Hello

I'm having a similar problem, but I am already connecting from pc and it seems that there is no firmware installed on it yet as it says at the firmware version 0.00. Whenever I try to update it just disconnects at the moment the firmware installation starts. Also the interface won't boot up. The amp works but the front panel doesn't work, meaning i cant set volume eq or anything that is on the front panel.