Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

You have to try this

rsvette12

Instant buy for me just poking around on youtube and saw this standalone program that works perfect next to helix edit

https://ml-sound-lab.com/

Try demo wow shut it off then listen to helix night and day  I was blown away - wakes up your helix like you wouldnt believe 

You have been warned lol you will want it too :) have fun 

• Like 1

Interesting...I fiddled with the demo version for a bit, and I have to admit that quickly creating my own custom IR's does have a certain appeal. And while it's not outrageously priced, I'd be paying ~$110 for the privilege of sitting for hours, endlessly fiddling with a brand new collection of adjustable parameters, wondering just how much "better" I could make it sound if I obsess over mic placement/combinations for just 5 more minutes...lol. I'm gonna have to pass for now...I'd never claw my way out of the rabbit hole. Cool toy though...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I dont fiddle what I like is the sound is way more fuller - more realistic to me - turn it on play with it shut it off you will see what I mean

Just use helix amps and use this for cabs - bought it immediately this brought helix to a new level for me - play mostly with headphones and I tried tapping but notes never rang out - now I can that alone was worth the money

Hope they add more cabs to it - I dont thin his cab packs are for this I think they are irs in helix but not sure - anyway its free to try cant hurt

2 hours ago, spikey said:

Bought it already. I like tone rabbit holes, that's why I have Helix, Kemper, Code, OX, etc etc ; )

Lol.... you make an extremely valid point. Anyone saying they dont want a tone rabbit hole ... but also owns any of these units.... pot calling kettle black? If you didn't want a tone rabbit hole you'd own a Dr Z with only a tone knob and a volume knob and call it a day or own a single preamp pedal.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jmp22684 said:

Anyone saying they dont want a tone rabbit hole ... but also owns any of these units.... pot calling kettle black? If you didn't want a tone rabbit hole you'd own a Dr Z with only a tone knob and a volume knob and call it a day...

OK...I don't want another rabbit hole. That better? ;)

• Haha 3

Didn't start thread to be a P match :) I only made an observation on how much better my tones sound using these cabs - its day and night

That said I didn't purchase it to make ir's - but I will have it on now and have to make my tones work with it now 

Your welcome try demo - play with it on and off and see the difference - that said if you have a tone you would leave Mikko on and replace ir or cab meaning just shut off ir or cab if there is one in the snapshot (tone) this replaces the cab - they live together meaning you will have helix edit open and Mikko open right next to each other  :)

There will be more cabs in the future and probably mics confirming that now with developer - there will be a cost however - this is a lot of work and real amps and mics to make these additions are needed fyi

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmp22684 said:

Lol.... you make an extremely valid point. Anyone saying they dont want a tone rabbit hole ... but also owns any of these units.... pot calling kettle black? If you didn't want a tone rabbit hole you'd own a Dr Z with only a tone knob and a volume knob and call it a day or own a single preamp pedal.

False premise.

I choose my rabbit holes. Because I chose the one called Helix doesn't mean I have to devote my life to exploring every rabbit hole I see.

• Like 2

MIKKO is an excellent piece of software. I've been using it for about a month now and have gotten great results. One thing to mention is that currently when you export your custom IR and load it into the helix it is a lot quieter than other IR's. I've just been upping the db's to compensate, but I talked to Mikko today and this will be resolved in the next update that's coming very soon.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rd2rk said:

False premise.

I choose my rabbit holes. Because I chose the one called Helix doesn't mean I have to devote my life to exploring every rabbit hole I see.

It's only false and a bit pessimistic if you chose to dislike something before actually diving in the hole to see first. ; )

23 minutes ago, spikey said:

It's only false and a bit pessimistic if you chose to dislike something before actually diving in the hole to see first. ; )

Neither I nor the other rabbit hole poster said anything about not liking it.

Too often forum participants tend not to read what is ACTUALLY written.

THAT is what lead to the false premise in the first place!

We merely stated our lack of interest and reason.

Since we both have experience with the IR rabbit hole, our positions are well informed and therefore entirely valid.

FWIW - the false premise was not only false and "a bit pessimistic", it was insulting, as the phrase "the pot calling the kettle black" implies hypocrisy.

I own a car. I don't want an airplane, as I don't have a need and don't want to learn to fly. Does that make me a hypocrite?

On 8/23/2019 at 3:16 PM, rd2rk said:

I own a car. I don't want an airplane, as I don't have a need and don't want to learn to fly. Does that make me a hypocrite?

No.

But if you have to go a long distance in a short time, you might consider buying an airline ticket as another option. But even if you did that, you would still not be a hypocrite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1