Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Configuration and connection between POD HD500X and POWERCAB 112 PLUS

jaboldu

I would be grateful if you could confirm if my configuration is correct to use my simulations correctly.

MY TEAM:

POD HD500X

POWERCAB 112 PLUS

1- My POD HD500X is connected to the POWERCAB 112 PLUS through the L6 LINK ports of both units (I understand that, in this way, the data transfer is done digitally).

2- The MODE setting of the SETUP: OUTPUT page is selected in Studio / Direct.

Is it the right selection or should I select Combo Power Amp or Combo Front?

3- I select an  PRE AMP MODEL (for example the Brit J-800 Pre)

Is the selection correct or should I select the full amplifier version Brit J-800?

4- I select a CAB MODEL (for example the 4x12 Brit T-75)

Should you not select any CAB MODEL and select a Speaker Mode or a User IR Mode on the POWERCAB 112 PLUS?

Should I select a CAB MODEL in the POD and also a Speaker Mode or a User IR Mode in the POWERCAB 112 PLUS?

Should I select a CAB MODEL in the POD and also FLAT MODE (Speaker emuation is disabled) in the POWERCAB 112 PLUS?

If you use Speaker Mode or User IR Mode on the POWERCAB 112 PLUS, could you change them automatically, according to the preset used on the POD HD500X, via MIDI cable?

5- At POWERCAB 112 PLUS, currently, I select FLAT MODE and Voicing LF Solo ((LF Raw).

Is the MODE and Voicing adequate?

Thank you very much for your time.
Enviar comentarios
Historial
Guardadas
Comunidad

• Like 1

Jab,

I think you are attempting something that the powercab plus isn't designed to handle because it doesn't emulate a power amp.  I don't have a powercab though I do have a dt25. The line6 link in the hd500(x) was designed to work using either with the preamp model going to a DT25/50 amp to get the poweramp/cab models associated with the DT25/50 or using the "full" model (pre/poweramp/cab) going to one the "Stage Source" amps.   The HD500(x) when connected to the powercab will probably need to just use in like a "stagesource" amp so you use the full amp model not the pre.

1. I don't think the setup:output model effects the l6link.

2. Try using the full Brit J-800, and specify the cabinet and mic you want to emulate.

3. Set the Powercab to be Flat mode and not use a cabinet emulation or IR

I would think it would sound good.  

Bob

Hello,
1. I use a full AMP MODEL, a CAB MODEL and a MICROPHONE in the POD.
2. I connect to the POWERCAB 112 PLUS through the L6 LINK ports of both units.
3. I use the FLAT mode on the POWERCAB 112 PLUS.
4. I understand that the use of any of the VOICING (FRFR, LF RAW, LF FLAT) does not imply that you are no longer using the FLAT flat response mode, otherwise it would change to SPEAKER or USER IR mode..
5. The use of FLAT mode with VOICING FRFR on the POWERCAB is quite disappointing using a full AMP MODEL, a CAB MODEL and a MICROPHONE on the POD.
6. Using the FLAT mode with the VOICING LF RAW or LF FLAT on the POWERCAB 112 PLUS while using a full AMP MODEL, a CAB MODEL and a MICROPHONE on the POD sounds much better
7. Is my POWERCAB really amplifying what happens in the POD or is it modifying the POD simulator?
8. I don't really understand VOICING in FLAT mode. If I use LF SOLO mode or LF FLAT mode, does it imply that I am not using FLAT mode? If so, why are the SPEAKER mode and the USER IR mode?

Thanks for your reply

• Like 1

Hi Jab,

I'm sorry not to be able to help you much as I don't have the PowerCab, but am very interested in it, and I would use it with my HD500 also If/when I get one.   

I watched this video today, and maybe this will be a good way to use it.   Follow Steve's solution to use the output from the HD500 instead of the l6 link  :  https://www.youtube.com/user/ss57790/videos