seek18

helix STOMP Patches converter

Hello everybody. I would like to know if the patches of helix.LT.Rack.Floor... processors are valid for the HX STOMP ?

any converter?

Thanks

As long as you have the latest firmware and HX Edit, it's all cross platform compatible. Keeping in mind the hardware restrictions of the Stomp, if you make a six block 3 snapshot preset on a Floor or Rack it should work fine on a Stomp. 

hi rd2rk!

thanks for your quick response. I am still waiting for stomp. I see that there are more patches in older models. I will try to work

A little doubt. The answer is the same for the "hx effects" model, right?

Best regards!

6 hours ago, seek18 said:

A little doubt. The answer is the same for the "hx effects" model, right?

Best regards!

Just as the Stomp has a limited number of blocks, the HX FX has no amp modeling... so unless you're loading patches from a Helix that was only used for FX, they're not likely to translate well.

thanks for your reply. I think that the software forces a conversion and the sound will be different for what was created

On 8/23/2019 at 6:45 PM, seek18 said:
Hello everybody. I would like to know if the patches of helix.LT.Rack.Floor... processors are valid for the HX STOMP ?

any converter?

Thanks

2 hours ago, seek18 said:

thanks for your reply. I think that the software forces a conversion and the sound will be different for what was created

What is the source of the Helix LT/Rack/Floor presets that you would want to import into your HX Stomp when you receive it?

If you already have a Helix LT/Rack/Floor device and you are considering importing your own custom presets - ones that you have created yourself in your own environment - then the converted HX Stomp presets may sound exactly like the originals. BUT - and this is big but - that will only be the case if the Helix LT/Rack/Floor presets are fully compatible with the HX Stomp. In other words, the number of amp/FX models and the preset structure could be created from scratch on the Stomp. In this restricted case the sound should be identical - as long as you are monitoring the HX Stomp preset using the same external equipment (guitar, amp/speakers...) that you used to design and monitor the Helix LT/Rack/Floor preset in the first place.

However, the sound will be different if the conversion procedure has to modify the preset in any way in terms of models or structure. The sound will also be different if you change any of the external equipment. And the sound will be very different if you use CustomTone as the source of your Helix LT/Rack/Floor presets because it's very unlikely that you are using the same external equipment that the original preset designer used - and that equipment greatly affects the sound that you hear.

• Upvote 1