Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Native Preset Selection by MIDI

rd2rk

In a response on Ideascale, DI stated that Native 1.80 allowed preset recall by MIDI.

NOT!

I'm using a MIDI Monitor on the Native track (Reaper), so I know that the messages are getting there.

MIDI Bypass works.

I thought it might be because Helix sends Bank Info with the PC#, but switching to my FCB1010 I got the same results.

DI?

As stated, MIDI Bypass works, so signal is getting to Native, both from my Helix Floor and From the FCB1010.

I can see the PC# getting there, along with the Setlist (Bank) commands.

Same deal in Ableton LIVE10.

I haven't tried Sonar yet, I'll try that now.

Maybe someone should try this with something other than Logic?

FWIW - If there's an amp sim plugin that responds to MIDI, I own it, and I've made them all work in all 3 of my DAWs with both Helix and FCB1010, as well as a multitude of Rotary/Slider controllers.

No MIDI noobs here!

Works the same in Cakewalk (Sonar), which, like logic, requires that a VST2 be configured as a Softsynth in order for it to respond to MIDI commands.

As I said, Bypass works, and the little MIDI indicator lights when Native receives a CC, but it does NOT light when sent a PC.

EDIT: Native's MIDI light DOES light up when receiving PCs in LIVE, but still doesn't switch presets.

• 4 weeks later...

Just installed v1.82. I was hoping this had been fixed but not mentioned in the release notes, but no luck.

I opened a support ticket, but after over a week with no response I had to BUMP it.

Somebody replied, but didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about.

DI - it's been a month since you replied, have you had a chance to follow up on this?

On 8/23/2019 at 6:17 PM, Digital_Igloo said:

Dunno. Works here with Logic, but I have to instantiate it as a MIDI-controlled plugin on a virtual instrument track.

Helix Native 1.80 has a MIDI monitor indicator along the bottom. Does that flash? If not, Reaper's not routing MIDI to Native.

DI - You should have a look at L6TID: 357724.

Since I haven't heard back from you on this subject, I don't know if you're still following it.

PLEASE respond. Thanks!

SOLVED!

Program Change messages ONLY work on AAX/AU versions. Which is to say, MAC!

Why, with Windows market share 77.6% (2019 only) vs 13.2% for MAC, did L6 choose to do this?

When can the rest of us (the majority of users) expect to see this situation remedied?

Curious consumers want to know....:-)

58 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

SOLVED!

Program Change messages ONLY work on AAX/AU versions. Which is to say, MAC!

Why, with Windows market share 77.6% (2019 only) vs 13.2% for MAC, did L6 choose to do this?

When can the rest of us (the majority of users) expect to see this situation remedied?

Curious consumers want to know....:-)

From what I understand it has to do with the VST3 format itself, not a choice by Line 6.

1 hour ago, phil_m said:

From what I understand it has to do with the VST3 format itself, not a choice by Line 6.

That's only true of VST3. VST2 has always supported Program Change Messages, and works with:

Amplitube

BIAS FX

Guitar Rig

S-Gear

TH3/THU

And that's just the ones I'm currently using.

L6 CHOSE NOT to develop this for VST2, which is to say it's for the MAC platform only.

Just because Steinberg is no longer supporting VST2 doesn't mean that the ability of third parties to develop for it with existing tools goes away.

And if it's the only way for L6 to provide this feature for the majority of Native's users, why not?

Allocation of developer resources, blah blah blah.......

FIDDLEYSTICKS I say!

Heck, I don't really even NEED that function, that's what having a Floor and a Stomp is about. But I'm sure you're aware that there are people who want to use Native live with their old FCB1010s, and as long as there's a way to make it happen, they deserve to be able to do that! ESPECIALLY if they're willing to spend $399.99 for it! I know, at that price point why not buy the hardware? People are strange.......

HAH! Rant over!

I know, you're not L6. I'm keeping up this discussion through support and waiting for DI to respond to threads here and on TGP.