Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Having Trouble Saving Changes Done In Spider Iv Edit To Spider Iv 120 Amp

MusicGuy73

**** Sorry. I accidentally posted this twice somehow.****

Hello. Whenever I use Spider IV Edit to make changes in my presets, The changes are not being edited in my amp. The connection is good between the amp and the PC, the software recognizes my amp, my amp has latest update, etc...

I send/recieve the change once it is done but when I shut down the program and disconnect the CAT cable the presets on the amp stay as they were. I have tried looking in the help file and I have looked online and I am just stuck.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,(\m/(>.<)\m/)

Steven D

Hi and thanks for the reply. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using the FBV Express MKII pedal. I think I hear the changes but I am not sure. I am mostly changing the wah-pedal settings. I don't think the pedal functions while the USB cable is connected. That's why i am not sure if I can hear the changes right away because I have to disconnect so i can use the expression pedal.

Another thing that I forgot to mention is that when I reconnect to Line 6 Edit (after making the changes) the settings are back the way they were before I changed them. I also save/overwrite the file in Line 6 Edit and they still go back to the original settings. I would also like to mention that i downloaded the patches I am trying to change from customtone.

So you are taking downloaded patches, changing some parameters in them, then trying to save these to your amp?  (just trying to get this clear)  Make sure the downloaded patches are for Spider amps - may of the tones at Customtone are for POD devices or Podfarm.

Are you trying to change Wah models (if so, are you sure you have the acutal models instlaled in your amp, they may be part of the Infusion update?), or the low-to-high settings on the pedal (I'm not sure those can be saved in Edit).

"So you are taking downloaded patches, changing some parameters in them, then trying to save these to your amp?" Yes. I always make sure I check the "show all compatible tones" box for the Spider IV 120. I have the all the wah pedals in my amp. I'm only changing the max amount of wah from 100% to 65%. I send that change to the amp and If I go back and use L6Edit, the settings will be back at 100%. The amp switches to whatever preset I select in L6E. I would think that any adjustment to wah can be saved. Any changes to the volume as related to the expression pedal are saved. My other thought is that if the wah could not be changed/adjusted then it wouldn't show up on the virtual pedal in L6E.

I think I figured out how to make it work. 1. Change the preset before connecting my amp. 2. Connect amp to L6E and do send/recieve (for however many presets you changed).

That seems  to work. The changes stayed this time. Maybe I missed something in the manual. I will look at it again though to make sure.

Thanks for all the help.

(\m/(>.<)\m/)

Steven D