Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Eureka! Super Sleek HX Effects setup

rjlibutti

After a year of being frustrated between my love of my HX FX and my annoyance with a board that was over sized to accommodate varying power supplies, I discovered that the True Tone 1 Spot Pro CS6 will power the HX FX. Previously I was using the same pedals as shown below, but on a Pedaltrain PT-1 with a rat's nest of splitters and short extension cords below to cope with plug blades in 2 orientations (you can't plug the adapter from the MXR supply and the Line 6 into the same strip and put it under the board. So now I have my HX and a few choice pedals on a Pedaltrain METRO 20! The power supply fits under the board, doesn't require a voltage doubler, and the CS6 comes with all of the cables you need (Line 6 and polarity reversal; the L6 plug switches polarity, but you have to switch it back on the HX). So good. Truetone's website says that it will work because it's a different kind of PSU (I think it's switching instead of transformers, you can look up the video for their explanation). While the port says 500 mA, it will allow the unit to draw more. They have to list a rating for testing and approval to sell it, but it will allow the HX to draw what it needs. Been using it about a month. No heat issues, no quirky behaviors. So happy to have a nice small rig now.

1198774943_IMG_20190801_0436562.thumb.jpg.764678ef2100159ba73bf48c4112c2ce.jpg

IMG_20190801_044757.thumb.jpg.446733a02179e4b4c4f37aee2d7f9595.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...