Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Product?

bsheen

If you look at the pictures.. There are tell tale signs of what is in it.

Picture 1.) "The day you meet your match" - Kind of obvious that It's going to have SOME sort of tone matching capabilities via ios.. Or does it? A lot of people on a lot of forums are saying tone match.. Here's what I'm saying. Tone recommendation. I think that it will hear the guitar in a song, and make a recommendation preset for you. Some may call that tone matching. I do not.

Picture 2/3.) No point really, in these.. Or is there? Picture 2, if you look at it.. At the right angle.. You can see the outline of the cabinet. Almost appears to be a 2x12 or 2x10 cab. Picture 3 shows nothing of interest aside from "The guitar amp, reinvented".

Picture 4.) Just shows a volume knob and says "Rise above the noise".

Picture 5.) Very promising image. Could this be the FRFR guitar amp that a lot of us have been hoping for? Really looks like it from this picture.

Picture 6.) Effect selection and amp integration into ios.

This makes me speculate a lot of things. Is this going to be something like the Digitech iStomp but in modeling amp form? Will you be able to purchase amp sims, effects, etc? Or, when you buy the amp.. Does a virtual POD Farm come with it? Will this amp have an L6 Link? If this amp is going to have cloud based effect selection and amp sims.. Why would they include L6 Link?

Now, one of my favorite things to speculate. The blend knob from the video/photo.

My theory. This is a FRFR cab, I'm presuming. It appears to be wide enough for 2 drivers. So we're now going to say that this is a Stereo FRFR Amp. I'd take a guess to say that the blend knob would to be to blend signal into mono/stereo.. Like having one amp L and the other R.. Then giving you the ability to merge your separate L/R stereo signal into a centered mono signal. What I wouldn't understand though.. Is why they wouldn't offer L6 Link if my suggestion of what it is, is accurate. They would almost be (and I use this in a nice way) stupid not to. I just hope that if I'm right (and it does have L6 Link), that the amp isn't cluttered with buttons and knobs I'll never use for the ios integration and that it is a little more affordable than a DT series amp or the L2m/L2t. I'd like to see it around $500.. Less would be asking too much, but I wouldn't complain.

Honorable mention to the Reverb and FX knob also in the photo of the blend knob, to its left. I only hope that the FX knob doesn't mean no L6 Link. Perhaps though.. It will let you have L6 Link and the FX knob acts as a global effect on the amp, like what appears to be with the Reverb knob. Also will mention the Treble or Presence knob to the left of the FX knob. Pretty sure It's a Treble knob.

/speculation

What do y'all think?

As much as I'd love this to be what I'm saying that I see it to be.. There are also the right elements for this to be more of an entry level amp to replace the Spider series.. Including "tone match". FX knob could mean only ONE other effect allowed aside from Reverb. You have a choice of what it is via ios (or maybe usb connection to computer). No L6 Link, Could be a little 8" speaker and a tweeter for a small handful of onboard amp sims and not be stereo at all. Blend could mean, to blend your guitar signal with a line in or wireless connection to play mp3s. It could just be a "wide body" cabinet and only look like a 2x12 or 2x10.

But would a beginner amp really be worthy of saying that they "reinvented the amp, again"?

Could be absolutely none of the above.

• Upvote 1

If you look at the pictures.. There are tell tale signs of what is in it.

Picture 1.) "The day you meet your match" - Kind of obvious that It's going to have SOME sort of tone matching capabilities via ios.. Or does it? A lot of people on a lot of forums are saying tone match.. Here's what I'm saying. Tone recommendation. I think that it will hear the guitar in a song, and make a recommendation preset for you. Some may call that tone matching. I do not.

Picture 2/3.) No point really, in these.. Or is there? Picture 2, if you look at it.. At the right angle.. You can see the outline of the cabinet. Almost appears to be a 2x12 or 2x10 cab. Picture 3 shows nothing of interest aside from "The guitar amp, reinvented".

Picture 4.) Just shows a volume knob and says "Rise above the noise".

Picture 5.) Very promising image. Could this be the FRFR guitar amp that a lot of us have been hoping for? Really looks like it from this picture.

Picture 6.) Effect selection and amp integration into ios.

This makes me speculate a lot of things. Is this going to be something like the Digitech iStomp but in modeling amp form? Will you be able to purchase amp sims, effects, etc? Or, when you buy the amp.. Does a virtual POD Farm come with it? Will this amp have an L6 Link? If this amp is going to have cloud based effect selection and amp sims.. Why would they include L6 Link?

Now, one of my favorite things to speculate. The blend knob from the video/photo.

My theory. This is a FRFR cab, I'm presuming. It appears to be wide enough for 2 drivers. So we're now going to say that this is a Stereo FRFR Amp. I'd take a guess to say that the blend knob would to be to blend signal into mono/stereo.. Like having one amp L and the other R.. Then giving you the ability to merge your separate L/R stereo signal into a centered mono signal. What I wouldn't understand though.. Is why they wouldn't offer L6 Link if my suggestion of what it is, is accurate. They would almost be (and I use this in a nice way) stupid not to. I just hope that if I'm right (and it does have L6 Link), that the amp isn't cluttered with buttons and knobs I'll never use for the ios integration and that it is a little more affordable than a DT series amp or the L2m/L2t. I'd like to see it around $500.. Less would be asking too much, but I wouldn't complain.

Honorable mention to the Reverb and FX knob also in the photo of the blend knob, to its left. I only hope that the FX knob doesn't mean no L6 Link. Perhaps though.. It will let you have L6 Link and the FX knob acts as a global effect on the amp, like what appears to be with the Reverb knob. Also will mention the Treble or Presence knob to the left of the FX knob. Pretty sure It's a Treble knob.

/speculation

What do y'all think?

As much as I'd love this to be what I'm saying that I see it to be.. There are also the right elements for this to be more of an entry level amp to replace the Spider series.. Including "tone match". FX knob could mean only ONE other effect allowed aside from Reverb. You have a choice of what it is via ios (or maybe usb connection to computer). No L6 Link, Could be a little 8" speaker and a tweeter for a small handful of onboard amp sims and not be stereo at all. Blend could mean, to blend your guitar signal with a line in or wireless connection to play mp3s. It could just be a "wide body" cabinet and only look like a 2x12 or 2x10.

But would a beginner amp really be worthy of saying that they "reinvented the amp, again"?

Could be absolutely none of the above.

Lol, I think this is how conspiracy theories start!

Gotta say I haven't put that much thought into this because it'll be known next week but hey, I'll check back to see if you are spot on sir! Good stuff...

Lol, I think this is how conspiracy theories start!

Gotta say I haven't put that much thought into this because it'll be known next week but hey, I'll check back to see if you are spot on sir! Good stuff...

FWIW, I hope I'm right, lol. I'm in the market for something better priced than an L2m for FRFR playback for my HD500x. Seeing if this is worth it before I go out and buy some PA cabs.

• Upvote 1

FWIW, I hope I'm right, lol. I'm in the market for something better priced than an L2m for FRFR playback for my HD500x. Seeing if this is worth it before I go out and buy some PA cabs.

It's almost always better to hang loose around NAMM week lol...I've had more of my gear obsoleted at that event than I can recall!

• Upvote 1

It's almost always better to hang loose around NAMM week lol...I've had more of my gear obsoleted at that event than I can recall!

Just noticed you're in Carlisle, I'm about an 1 1/4 hours northeast of you.. Lol. I was actually just in Harrisburg for the week, 2 weeks ago.

My brother used to live in Hazelton and is now in Camp Hill. I live in Pittsburgh. Small(ish) world.

I have followed a Fender oriented forum for many years, and they have a practice of localized "jams" that members geographically comfortable co-located do from time to time. I've been to the of those and they were fun and I met some cool people. I'm not saying we should, but I also can't see why we couldn't perhaps arrange something similar one fine summer day.