Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sonic Port + iOS 13 = NG?

I can’t use my sonicport anymore as well.

Line 6 never warned any of their  customers that the update would break the device.

Line 6 needs to prove us that they are dealing the issues with Apple.

They can’t keep on selling units and close their eyes on the fact 

that the product doesn’t work anymore.

Do they expect their customers to remain silent about this?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

So i finally upgraded my iPad to IOS 13.2.2 a nd tried recording vocals and guitar using the Sonic Port VX into AUM.  It worked great! Again, the lightning cable did not work but only using the provided Line6 USB cable connected to a an apple CCK3 adapter to the ipad, this worked perfectly!

i’m staying put on this version for now.

2 hours ago, musikman4christ said:

So i finally upgraded my iPad to IOS 13.2.2 a nd tried recording vocals and guitar using the Sonic Port VX into AUM.  It worked great! Again, the lightning cable did not work but only using the provided Line6 USB cable connected to a an apple CCK3 adapter to the ipad, this worked perfectly!

i’m staying put on this version for now.

Hi musikman4christ,

CCK3 =  Camera Connection Kit USB 3, is this right? Do you use an original Apple adapter ?

• Upvote 1

I do not speak french sorry.  But i kind of understood your question.  I don’t think the VX port used any drivers with IOS , it is class compliance which means it’s plug and play capable.  There might be a way for Line6 to do a quick firmware update via usb but they’re the only ones that could confirm this.  

Sonic Port tested with iOS 13.3 public beta 2 , still not working. Mobile pod app crash all the time. Hey ! Line6 guys move your lollipop to write a good app and a new firmware update( my sonic port is in 1.0.0 since I buy it). You seem let down this product but you still sell it, it’s wrong.

if I had to trash it just say it! 

I’ve tried downgrade for my ipad and it’s broke. Only apple logo, don’t open. Apple service guarantee continue but they do not accept. This sh@t(sonic port vx) 305$ in my country and my salary 350$. Line 6 is shamefull. Sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand. 

9 hours ago, xaperfly said:

Somebody test case in 13.2.3?

I just tested and, oh surprise !, it does not work !!
Seriously now. The first post in this thread is of August 25th .... almost 3 months !!!

Nothing has been done. It's sad, very sad.

(EDITED -> I am using "Sonic Port"  and iPad Air 2 with the lightning cable. For this model (not VX) there is not USB alternative)

Edited by xvila
Update info

Hi, I've just found out about this issue when I was trying to use my iPad with the last update (13.2.3) and my Sonic Port didn't work. This really sucks. Apparently every device would be left unusable and Line6 hasn't done anything about it. Too bad. I use several apps with sonic port (Amplitube, AmpKit+, Gadget 2, GarageBand, Cubasis) and now I have nothing to work with.

I just bit the bullet and bought an IK iRig HD. Works great. 
Line Six is like Google with stuff, they don't have much staying power with products and services. 
I originally bought the Sonic Port  to use with the Jammit software which was pretty kick lollipop and also a Line 6 Product. THey dropped that like a hot potato. No support and all the in app purchases are useless and the software is unusable. 

Like Google - they don't have much staying power with their products....

Never again.....

15 hours ago, asphodelos said:

... The device will work on iPadOS 19.5 in 2025???...

You are very optimistic !!

Seriously now, it seems that Line 6 has just abandoned Sonic Port.
The last "official" announcement from Line 6 (December 4th) is:

"Update 12/4/19: We’ve tested the latest iOS 13.3 beta release and the problem with Sonic Port and Sonic Port VX persists. However, we are making good progress working with Apple to resolve this issue in an upcoming iOS 13 update."

But this is not happening....

Hey, I get the frustration, you guys can’t use your interface. I was going to buy the sonic port vx and I’m waiting until the problem is resolved. But I do believe the problem is going to be resolved.. it was already apparent that it wouldn’t be solved on 13.3 since line6 stated it didn’t work on the 13.3 beta.

3 hours ago, xvila said:

Seriously now, it seems that Line 6 has just abandoned Sonic Port.
The last "official" announcement from Line 6 (December 4th) is:

"Update 12/4/19: We’ve tested the latest iOS 13.3 beta release and the problem with Sonic Port and Sonic Port VX persists. However, we are making good progress working with Apple to resolve this issue in an upcoming iOS 13 update."

December 4th was eight days ago. As a software developer, I can tell you that there is absolutely no way a bug-fix like this can be added to an operating system and rolled out to customers within eight days. And Line6 wasn't even saying that there is a bug-fix yet, just that they're "making good progress" toward one.

I'm glad to hear this update from Line6, but I wouldn't expect a fix for at least a month.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, mooseyard said:

December 4th was eight days ago. As a software developer, I can tell you that there is absolutely no way a bug-fix like this can be added to an operating system and rolled out to customers within eight days. And Line6 wasn't even saying that there is a bug-fix yet, just that they're "making good progress" toward one.

I'm glad to hear this update from Line6, but I wouldn't expect a fix for at least a month.

First , I can't speak english . So I speaking Chinese in here . Hope you guys can understand . 

现在我只能使用camera connection kit加Belkin Lightning Audio + Charge Rockstar来通过sonicport的micro usb来使用。但是问题在于,对于手上没有这两样东西的用户来说这两个东西的用户来说,大概需要额外花费一百美元左右。

line6犯下的错误需要我们用户自己来买单吗?作为一个企业,这样的态度似乎非常不合适。苹果公司似乎不会帮助line6解决这个问题,因为其他品牌都没有受到影响。line6自己应该想点办法,写一个升级程序,或者对用户做出相应的赔偿!

1 hour ago, mooseyard said:

My apologies then, I misunderstood the announcement. Hopefully it is fixed in an "upcoming"  release.

• Upvote 1

I have updated both my ibug(ipad 5th) and my iphone 8 plus to ios13.3 and still got the problem unfixed! So it means we must follow the apple update even if we don't want to update our system just for this worth problem! Now I just want to record something by using my ipad, how long shall I be waiting for?

• Upvote 1

Hey guys! I got one new way to solve this problem! It is not necessary to buy CCK and audio charge cable. IOS 13 allow us to  connect the docking stations! Yes what we need is just one simple lightning docking with both lightning charge port and USB port. Here in china, this device just cost me less than 10$ and perfectly SOLVED this problem!

But you need to connect the lightning charge cable will you play! Although, it will be a little inconvenient, but this docking is useful.

Hope this message will help you!

7b4cae54d15c5776.thumb.jpg.590ed751dc5f63ec1950d3531dc1bdc5.jpg

On 12/14/2019 at 5:25 PM, Coloboy said:

Hey guys! I got one new way to solve this problem! It is not necessary to buy CCK and audio charge cable. IOS 13 allow us to  connect the docking stations! Yes what we need is just one simple lightning docking with both lightning charge port and USB port. Here in china, this device just cost me less than 10$ and perfectly SOLVED this problem!

But you need to connect the lightning charge cable will you play! Although, it will be a little inconvenient, but this docking is useful.

Hope this message will help you!

imageproxy.php?img=&key=4f3d79318bd3844d7b4cae54d15c5776.thumb.jpg.590ed751dc5f63ec1950d3531dc1bdc5.jpg

Hey Coloboy, is this fix for Sonic port or Sonic Port VX?