Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sonic Port + iOS 13 = NG?

It's about time. Only took 5 months.....just goes to show how low on the list these low level fixes are to Apple.....

Lets see if it makes it to the release version....

I bought an IK multimedia iRigHD.....so now I guess I have TWO interfaces....although....the Sonic port can't be used into the computer......only iOS

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, xaccax said:

how possible and/or viable would it be to have a collective  sue  from everyone?

it is just not fair that they are not going to do anything. 

Did you see the posts right before yours? It looks like Apple has taken care of the issue in the current iOS beta build, so it should be available in the official release whenever that's released. Line 6 has said all along that Apple broke this functionality, so it looks like they were correct.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Has anyone tested the iPadOS 13.4 official version and does Sonic Port still work? In the public beta it works I know, but the iPad has been slowing down, so I wonder if the public beta is causing this slow performance and would like to try the official released version.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Finally! The redemption we've all been praying for has been granted by ios 13.4! My iPhone X works flawlessly with my sonic port non vx version, after the update. Tested it with my six strings and bias fx and almost broke into tears when I could finally hear the sounds coming out of my speakers. :') I'm once again very thankful to this forum for having us informed upyo date of what happening. A big shout out to thr guys who professed the gospel words of ios 13.4 fix xD indeed its a miracle. I'm alas thankful to apple as well as line 6 for not letting us down ultimately even though there has been a delay. 

Another non-VX Sonic Port working here !

iPad Air 2, Audiobus 3, Bias FX, Garage Band ...all sound good.
 I just rediscovered how nice and useful this interface is

Thanks all of you in the forum for keeping this alive !

Tested Garage Band and Mobile Pod apps, all are working great!

Has anyone tested the newly release iPadOS 12.4.6? Does it work ok?

Note: iPadOS 12.4.6 was released on March 24, 2020, for devices that don't support iOS 13. 

Many Thanks 

On 3/29/2020 at 12:55 PM, jelly78 said:

Tested Garage Band and Mobile Pod apps, all are working great!

Has anyone tested the newly release iPadOS 12.4.6? Does it work ok?

Note: iPadOS 12.4.6 was released on March 24, 2020, for devices that don't support iOS 13. 

Many Thanks 

I opened a ticket about this and got the below reply from Line6 support:

Hi,
We don't test it there anymore but it should work fine with Sonic Port products. The main issue we’ve had is with iOS 13, which was resolved now with the latest release of iOS 13.4 from Apple.
iOS 12, for iPad and iPhone have worked fine in the past
Best regards
Line 6 Support Europe

Not sure what I am doing wrong !! Iphone 11 ios 13.4.1 amp demo works, but there is no signal coming in from guitar, and no outgoing signal.  unit works fine with old ipad (not sure of the Ios on that one)  am I missing adjusting a setting or something?  

On 4/4/2020 at 12:33 PM, redraider08 said:

iOS 13.4 seems to have fixed the issue. The Sonic Port VX works just fine on my iPhone. Downloading the update to my iPad now (hopefully it works on there too)!

Finally!

So it took Apple twelve versions and 6 months to get this little device that millions of musicians use (and depend on) around the world to work properly with the release of POS 13.4. How incredibly embarrassing that a company the size of Apple can release this kind of crap.

Now --- the       my-iMac-only-cost-me-6000-dollar       question is --- does the Sonic Port work with the recently released POS 13.4.1 or is everything broken again?

Honestly man, I'm afraid to install Apple updates on my iPhone and on my iMac --- POS updates or muckOS updates, makes no difference, Apple quality has sunk like the Titanic.