Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sonic Port + iOS 13 = NG?

On 3/25/2020 at 5:22 AM, Adityaln said:

Finally! The redemption we've all been praying for has been granted by ios 13.4! My iPhone X works flawlessly with my sonic port non vx version, after the update. Tested it with my six strings and bias fx and almost broke into tears when I could finally hear the sounds coming out of my speakers. :') I'm once again very thankful to this forum for having us informed upyo date of what happening. A big shout out to thr guys who professed the gospel words of ios 13.4 fix xD indeed its a miracle. I'm alas thankful to apple as well as line 6 for not letting us down ultimately even though there has been a delay. 

Please help me out as no connection is made. Any settings I need to adjust? I have an IPhone X IOS 13.4.1. Thanks in advance 

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately Line6 said that I had a faulty unit so I had no success with the device. I purchased new cables and all but no connection. It really is a bummer. I honestly don’t know if you should upgrade or not. Try to get other units like an Evermix or Irig. Sorry line6 for promoting other units but these devices are not reliable as it’s causing consumers problems. 

53 minutes ago, m-ram said:

No problems here with iPadOS 13.4.1 on my iPad Pro 10.5“ with the Sonic Port VX. Works fine with the lightning connection.

Yeah,I'mahappycampertoo!!Alongdisruption,butallgoodnow!AsasafetymeasureI'vedisabledmyiPadOSautomaticupdates. Apologies for the messed up writing... ;)

I have an iPhone 8  updated to 13.4.1 based on recent forum chats to use with the Sonic Port VX to use with garageband - how do I get the input to recognise ie guitar etc and to use the headphones on the Sonic Port VX for sound output can’t seem to get any input levels guitar or AUX please let me know what way to set up its driving me nuts cheers 

• 2 months later...

Two questions:

• Does Sonic Port work properly with iOS 13.5.1?
  • Does Sonic Port work properly with iOS 13.6 (any beta testers out there)?

Terrified to upgrade to any version of 13.x because of the mess Apple has made. I'm not sure if I should install 13.5.1, sounds like it is bug ridden. WOuld rather wait for 13.6 which is just around the corner (GM was sent out to developers last week).

I am currently using iOS 13.4.1 and can conform that Sonic Port works fine with it.

On 7/13/2020 at 5:59 PM, garyzz said:

Two questions:

• Does Sonic Port work properly with iOS 13.5.1?
  • Does Sonic Port work properly with iOS 13.6 (any beta testers out there)?

Terrified to upgrade to any version of 13.x because of the mess Apple has made. I'm not sure if I should install 13.5.1, sounds like it is bug ridden. WOuld rather wait for 13.6 which is just around the corner (GM was sent out to developers last week).

I am currently using iOS 13.4.1 and can conform that Sonic Port works fine with it.

My sonic port works fine with iOS 13.5.1. Tested various apps. If you want me to test something specific let me know. 

On 7/21/2020 at 5:23 AM, dcho said:

My sonic port works fine with iOS 13.5.1. Tested various apps. If you want me to test something specific let me know. 

Mine works fine with 13.6, just installed it a few days ago

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2020 at 4:51 PM, mickroddy said:

Just updated to IOS 13.7 and stopped working again! 

Anyone else?

I'm still on 13.4.1, but I asked a friend to check as he already updated to 13.7, but hasn't tested the sonic port yet... I'll let you know about the outcome once he comes back to me.

On 9/13/2020 at 11:51 AM, mickroddy said:

Just updated to IOS 13.7 and stopped working again! 

Anyone else?

I updated my iPad to 13.7 and everything is still working. I specifically tested Uberchord, GarageBand, AmpliTube and a couple others.

On 9/14/2020 at 10:24 PM, dcho said:

I updated my iPad to 13.7 and everything is still working. I specifically tested Uberchord, GarageBand, AmpliTube and a couple others.

I was about to update my ipad to 13.7, but 14 is now the only option, has anyone tested it? Thanks

On 9/17/2020 at 9:46 AM, jelly78 said:

I was about to update my ipad to 13.7, but 14 is now the only option, has anyone tested it? Thanks

My humble iPad Air 2 has been updated to iPadOS 14, and my SonicPort  (not VX) works just fine.

Tested with Audiobus 3, Overloud TH-U, GE Labs (Mooer), AmpliTube, AmpKit, ToneStack Go, Mobile POD, VStomp Amp HD, BIAS Amp 2. All working.

For some reason, other Positive Grid applications (BIAS FX, BIAS FX 2, JamUp Pro) are very unstable and crash easily. But I guess that it has nothing to do with Sonic Port, they  probably need to be updated.

Best

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...