TokyoHam

Sonic Port + iOS 13 = NG?

Guys i was able to record with my Sonic Port VX after updating to IOS 13.2.2 recorded into AUM Acoustic guitar and mic!

on iphone 6s plus!

Using the lightning cable does not work yet.

using the supplied  VX port to USB cable into a powered CCK3 does work. Some progress at least for now.

2 hours ago, musikman4christ said:

I used the USB provided cable. Will try the other ine and report back.

Can you add photos for connection please?

I can’t use my sonicport anymore as well.

Line 6 never warned any of their  customers that the update would break the device.

Line 6 needs to prove us that they are dealing the issues with Apple.

They can’t keep on selling units and close their eyes on the fact 

that the product doesn’t work anymore.

Do they expect their customers to remain silent about this?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

iOS 13.2.2 + Sonic Port (standard, not VX) + iPad air 2 still not working at all

So i finally upgraded my iPad to IOS 13.2.2 a nd tried recording vocals and guitar using the Sonic Port VX into AUM.  It worked great! Again, the lightning cable did not work but only using the provided Line6 USB cable connected to a an apple CCK3 adapter to the ipad, this worked perfectly!

i’m staying put on this version for now.

2 hours ago, musikman4christ said:

So i finally upgraded my iPad to IOS 13.2.2 a nd tried recording vocals and guitar using the Sonic Port VX into AUM.  It worked great! Again, the lightning cable did not work but only using the provided Line6 USB cable connected to a an apple CCK3 adapter to the ipad, this worked perfectly!

i’m staying put on this version for now.

Hi musikman4christ,

CCK3 =  Camera Connection Kit USB 3, is this right? Do you use an original Apple adapter ?

• Upvote 1

Yes its the Apple CCK3 adapter. Buy only thr original one as i tried a knock off and lost my money.  Use only the original one.

Bonjour 

Depuis la mise a jour Apple IOS 13

J'ai un souci avec mon SONIC PORT VX

avez vous prévu un nouveau Driver Ou mon produit est juste bon a finir a la poubelle

Merci

Didier

I do not speak french sorry.  But i kind of understood your question.  I don’t think the VX port used any drivers with IOS , it is class compliance which means it’s plug and play capable.  There might be a way for Line6 to do a quick firmware update via usb but they’re the only ones that could confirm this.  

Sonic Port tested with iOS 13.3 public beta 2 , still not working. Mobile pod app crash all the time. Hey ! Line6 guys move your lollipop to write a good app and a new firmware update( my sonic port is in 1.0.0 since I buy it). You seem let down this product but you still sell it, it’s wrong.

if I had to trash it just say it! 

Can someone from Line 6 please reply? A generic reply "we are currently working" on it is OBVIOUSLY NOT ENOUGH.

• Upvote 3

I’ve tried downgrade for my ipad and it’s broke. Only apple logo, don’t open. Apple service guarantee continue but they do not accept. This sh@t(sonic port vx) 305$ in my country and my salary 350$. Line 6 is shamefull. Sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand. 

9 hours ago, xaperfly said:

Somebody test case in 13.2.3?

I just tested and, oh surprise !, it does not work !!
Seriously now. The first post in this thread is of August 25th .... almost 3 months !!!

Nothing has been done. It's sad, very sad.

(EDITED -> I am using "Sonic Port"  and iPad Air 2 with the lightning cable. For this model (not VX) there is not USB alternative)

Edited by xvila
Update info