Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

'output' Mode

pratikb

:huh:

If your using them for different scenarios, you can create set lists and just simply name them appropriately. ie I have my main set of patches, then a set list called "Power Amp". same set of patches I use for recording with the cabinet models disabled. So when I jam, just change the set list and the output mode. 

• Upvote 1

If your using them for different scenarios, you can create set lists and just simply name them appropriately. ie I have my main set of patches, then a set list called "Power Amp". same set of patches I use for recording with the cabinet models disabled. So when I jam, just change the set list and the output mode. 

Yep this! I have setlists for going direct, going to a power amp and going to a power amp at lower volumes.

this is one thing I think a lot of users will apreciate. Be able to set xlr to direct mode while 1/4 are set compo power amp... or any other.  I´ve believe i´ve read that teh hd300 can do this... that makes no sense to me being the hd500 the top of the line.

• Upvote 1

With the HD500 you cannot change the output mode based on a setlist.  You have to manually change it and it is global.  You can have a setlist that is dialed in for Direct and another that is very similar and dialed in for Amp Input but you have to change the output setting when you move from one to the other.

• Upvote 1

Not sure I could see a practical application for switching output modes , How many scenarios can you have where you need to switch your output on the fly? If your playing live, your setup for your live rig, in the studio and going direct, setup for direct. 

What scenarios are you using where you need to switch this instantly ?

• Upvote 1

Not sure I could see a practical application for switching output modes , How many scenarios can you have where you need to switch your output on the fly? If your playing live, your setup for your live rig, in the studio and going direct, setup for direct. 

What scenarios are you using where you need to switch this instantly ?

i dont need to switch them.... but it would be great if i could send  a"studio/direct" signal to PA while sending a combo power amp to my amps fx loop to monitor on stage.   

• 2 weeks later...

i dont need to switch them.... but it would be great if i could send  a"studio/direct" signal to PA while sending a combo power amp to my amps fx loop to monitor on stage.   

^This. My BOSS ME70 does this no problem.  I didn't even think to research if the HD500x did this before purchasing it.  Not a show stopper, but it would certainly be nice to have the flexibility to do this.

while you can't have two output setting at the same time (ie XLR and 1/4) the POD will switch automatically depending on what is hooked up.  For instance, my POD is set to studio direct for when I want to record or go through my Velocity 300 to the PA cabs in stereo but as soon as I turn on my DT with the L6 link it automatically switches to Stack Power Amp without changing anything and back again as soon as I turn the DT off.

My only  point is that a simple On/Off FS in your XLR L6 link would let you switch from your DT to your PA/FRFR for acoustic for example and back again without having to dig into your POD settings.

• 5 years later...

kmoed said: "Not sure I could see a practical application for switching output modes , How many scenarios can you have where you need to switch your output on the fly? If your playing live, your setup for your live rig, in the studio and going direct, setup for direct."

Given all the discussion of FRFRs and 4-cable setups, isn't it inevitable that someone (like me, for example) might want to use an FRFR with amp modeling for one song (or group of songs) and then take advantage of a real amp for another? Live performance doesn't have to be an "either/or". Best of both worlds.

But, alas, as far as I can see, it cannot be done using a non-DT amp.

53 minutes ago, jrioux said:

kmoed said: "Not sure I could see a practical application for switching output modes , How many scenarios can you have where you need to switch your output on the fly? If your playing live, your setup for your live rig, in the studio and going direct, setup for direct."

Given all the discussion of FRFRs and 4-cable setups, isn't it inevitable that someone (like me, for example) might want to use an FRFR with amp modeling for one song (or group of songs) and then take advantage of a real amp for another? Live performance doesn't have to be an "either/or". Best of both worlds.

But, alas, as far as I can see, it cannot be done using a non-DT amp.

Actually, for both of these scenarios, you'd want the output mode to be set to Studio Direct anyway. The output modes compensate for the cab/mic modeling when plugging the unit into non-FRFR systems. For effects-only scenarios like the 4CM, you don't want to use any other output mode but Studio Direct since you wouldn't be using the cab/mic modeling.

OK. I want to be sure I have this right. I plan to either send my signal (with amp modeling) directly to an FRFR, or send it (without amp modeling) into my amp, micing the amp, and running that into a FRFR. Either way, you're saying, I would use "Studio/Direct" as an output mode?

I am very new to this, but don't we leave modeling out when using 4CM precisely because there's a real amp down the line?

1 hour ago, jrioux said:

don't we leave modeling out when using 4CM precisely because there's a real amp down the line?

That above here is the only good reason to use the 4CM, and basically only to be able to put some POD effects like delay, reverb, and some modulation between the pre-amp and the power-amp (ie in the FX LOOP of the real amp)  instead of all in front of it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

On 11/27/2019 at 4:39 PM, jrioux said:

OK. I want to be sure I have this right. I plan to either send my signal (with amp modeling) directly to an FRFR, or send it (without amp modeling) into my amp, micing the amp, and running that into a FRFR. Either way, you're saying, I would use "Studio/Direct" as an output mode?

I am very new to this, but don't we leave modeling out when using 4CM precisely because there's a real amp down the line?

Yes, you’d leave the output mode set to Studio Direct in both of those cases.

43 minutes ago, joel_brown said:

The different output modes are just different pre-built EQ settings applied to the output signal.

Correct, but I would specify that the pre-built eq curves are applied only to the signal of the selected active cab (live voiced)..
if the cab is not active in the patch, the output mode setting does not really matter.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips